Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex

Notices

Old 06-01-2010, 09:23 AM   #1
zinj
Connoisseur
zinj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zinj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zinj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zinj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zinj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zinj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zinj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zinj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zinj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zinj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zinj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Irex DR800SG, Kyobo Mirasol Reader, 2 Pocketbook Ultras
Angry DR800SG and Barnes & Noble

Let me get this straight: the DR800SG was designed specifically to connect with B & N and it lets you purchase and download ebooks, but it won't open them if they're epub (which most of them are)? I know v.2 is supposed to solve this, but it ain't out yet. So what was the point of releasing this reader when it's main feature doesn't work? And there's no indication that it doesn't work until after you've taken the plunge and charged books to your credit card. This is basically inexcusable.
zinj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 09:43 AM   #2
HansTWN
Wizard
HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: HP Touchpad, Sony Duo 13, Lumia 920, Kobo Aura HD
Did you install ADE on your desktop and authorize your Irex? After that it should work, if it still doesn't you can then download the books from your computer and later transfer them to your Irex 800 from there via ADE.
HansTWN is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-01-2010, 01:12 PM   #3
zinj
Connoisseur
zinj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zinj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zinj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zinj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zinj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zinj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zinj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zinj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zinj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zinj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zinj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Actually, the book I just bought won't open in ADE either. I contacted B & N and they told me it was a reader problem. This sounds like a B & N problem to me. I at least got them to wipe out the charge to my credit card.
Old 06-01-2010, 02:20 PM   #4
manacap
manacap began at the beginning.

Device: DR800SG
I had a problem initially with reading a B&N (i think i was using v2 beta at the time) book. It turns out that my name on my credit card and the name on my user account weren't exactly the same. I had a middle initial with my credit card which caused the book not to read. When I got rid of the middle initial, and got all the accounts exactly the same (IREX, Adobe, B&N), it worked. Even the credit card still worked.
manacap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 03:37 PM   #5
zinj
Connoisseur

Interesting. But I've bought other books from B & N directly through the DR800 and they worked fine, but they were pdb format.
Advert
Old 06-01-2010, 05:23 PM   #6
dmikov
Addict
dmikov has learned how to read e-booksdmikov has learned how to read e-booksdmikov has learned how to read e-booksdmikov has learned how to read e-booksdmikov has learned how to read e-booksdmikov has learned how to read e-booksdmikov has learned how to read e-booksdmikov has learned how to read e-books

Device: REB1200; REB2150; Sony 500/350; EZReader; IREX DR800SG; Nook/Color
ADE? Isn't B&N using their own encryption with epubs. That's why we are waiting for v2.0. I might be wrong, but that's why I am not sideloading my B&N content, but freeing it first.
dmikov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 06:02 PM   #7
pauli
Groupie
pauli equals 42.pauli equals 42.pauli equals 42.pauli equals 42.pauli equals 42.pauli equals 42.pauli equals 42.pauli equals 42.pauli equals 42.pauli equals 42.pauli equals 42.

Device: iLiad, DR1000S, HTC Hero, DR800SG
the B&N epub format should be supported in the new Adobe Mobile SDK (v9.1.0), which is included in the upcoming V2.0 firmware. I'm not sure if the Beta already supports this, because I cannot buy any books from B&N :-(
pauli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 08:21 PM   #8
dmikov
Addict
dmikov has learned how to read e-booksdmikov has learned how to read e-booksdmikov has learned how to read e-booksdmikov has learned how to read e-booksdmikov has learned how to read e-booksdmikov has learned how to read e-booksdmikov has learned how to read e-booksdmikov has learned how to read e-books

Device: REB1200; REB2150; Sony 500/350; EZReader; IREX DR800SG; Nook/Color
That is what I said. OP indicated he is not using v2.
dmikov is offline   Reply With Quote