Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 03-26-2014, 08:46 AM   #16
TheArtfulDodger
Connoisseur
TheArtfulDodger has won the respect of intelligent people and the affection of children.TheArtfulDodger has won the respect of intelligent people and the affection of children.TheArtfulDodger has won the respect of intelligent people and the affection of children.TheArtfulDodger has won the respect of intelligent people and the affection of children.TheArtfulDodger has won the respect of intelligent people and the affection of children.TheArtfulDodger has won the respect of intelligent people and the affection of children.TheArtfulDodger has won the respect of intelligent people and the affection of children.TheArtfulDodger has won the respect of intelligent people and the affection of children.TheArtfulDodger has won the respect of intelligent people and the affection of children.TheArtfulDodger has won the respect of intelligent people and the affection of children.TheArtfulDodger has won the respect of intelligent people and the affection of children.

Device: Kobo Touch, Kindle, Nook Touch
Hopefully This Is The Correct One!

Hi, Arasyi:

Yes, that was an earlier attempt to try to get the Kobo to use simply the default fonts. Just before I sent the file out to you, I attempted to put the file back the way I wanted it and I forgot to remove those comments - it still doesn't work if you take those out!

Sparky
Attached Files
File Type: epub Test Items - 6.epub (132.4 KB, 8 views)

Last edited by TheArtfulDodger; 03-26-2014 at 11:37 AM. Reason: Providing Corrected File
TheArtfulDodger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 01:39 PM   #17
jackie_w
Wizard
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-350, PB360, Kobo Glo/AuraHD/Aura6"
There are at least 2 CSS errors in the post #16 epub which may be causing the Kobo problems. The Calibre editor flags them.

UniversalPagesStyles.css has an incorrect comment - line 6 should be /* not */

UniversalTemplate.css has an invalid font-family - line 15 should be font-family: "VeraMono"; not font-family: "VeraMono;

Correct those 2 lines and try again. Don't forget to pick 'Document Default' from the Kobo font menu if you're trying to use embedded fonts.
jackie_w is online now   Reply With Quote

Enthusiast
Old 04-01-2014, 07:14 AM   #18
TheArtfulDodger
Connoisseur
TheArtfulDodger has won the respect of intelligent people and the affection of children.TheArtfulDodger has won the respect of intelligent people and the affection of children.TheArtfulDodger has won the respect of intelligent people and the affection of children.TheArtfulDodger has won the respect of intelligent people and the affection of children.TheArtfulDodger has won the respect of intelligent people and the affection of children.TheArtfulDodger has won the respect of intelligent people and the affection of children.TheArtfulDodger has won the respect of intelligent people and the affection of children.TheArtfulDodger has won the respect of intelligent people and the affection of children.TheArtfulDodger has won the respect of intelligent people and the affection of children.TheArtfulDodger has won the respect of intelligent people and the affection of children.TheArtfulDodger has won the respect of intelligent people and the affection of children.

Device: Kobo Touch, Kindle, Nook Touch
Hello, All:

I am sorry for the extended absence but I have been busy adding and correcting my example css. However, thanks to two of Jackie_w's suggestions, I can say that I am making progress!
However, I cannot seem to make a Caption center itself. Here's the code I'm using:

CSS:
p {line-height:normal;}

.Caption {font-size:0.8em;font-family:'PT Sans Caption';text-align:center;line-height:normal;}

HTML:
<p class="Caption">A Centered Image</p>

It works fine in Sigil and in Calibre, but it is hard to the left on the Kobo! Here's what I use for a normal paragraph (works everywhere!):

CSS:
.Passage {font-size:1.00em;font-family:'PT Serif';text-align:justify;text-indent:5%;}

HTML:
<p class="Passage">He turned the corner.</p>

So, once again I am stumped. Any suggestions would be most appreciated!

Thanks in advance.

Sparky

Last edited by TheArtfulDodger; 04-01-2014 at 07:17 AM. Reason: Added a comment
TheArtfulDodger is offline   Reply With Quote