Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 02-22-2014, 03:31 PM   #1
germini
germini began at the beginning.

Device: Paperwhite 2
Books won't disappear from homepage

Hi,
I've searched the web for the solution to my PW2 problem but couldn't find one, so I'm counting on you

The problem is: when I add recently sideloaded books to collections, they won't disappear from homepage. They appear in collections and on homepage as well, which is irritating since I like to keep the homepage neat and clean.
I haven't changed anything in the way I convert or sideload books, the problem just "happened".
Does anyone have any suggestions of how to get rid of it (beside resetting the device, which at this point seems quite extreme to me)?

Last edited by germini; 02-22-2014 at 03:35 PM.
germini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2014, 04:14 PM   #2
sirmaru
Wizard
sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW 2013, HDX 2013, Galaxy S5 2014
On the Home page tap the selector on the right - second row. It should allow you to display: Recent, Title, Author, Collections. Select Collections.
sirmaru is offline   Reply With Quote

Enthusiast
Old 02-22-2014, 04:31 PM   #3
germini

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirmaru View Post
On the Home page tap the selector on the right - second row. It should allow you to display: Recent, Title, Author, Collections. Select Collections.
That's not the case I have my content sorted by collections, and I add all my books to collections in order to keep the homepage clean (so there wouldn't be any "loose" books). In my case, however, there's a list of collections and then a list of recently sideloaded books, although the books shouldn't appear on the homepage anymore after I've added them to collections.
Old 02-22-2014, 05:06 PM   #4
pidgeon92
Wizard
pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2, Kindle PW2, Kindle DXG, Boox M90, Kobo Aura HD
Is it possible you have duplicate copies of the books on the Kindle?
pidgeon92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2014, 11:59 PM   #5
eschwartz
Irrational Optimist
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch (Wifi only)
If you previously had the book in a collection, it may be confused.

I get this when I pass an Amazon book through calibre to sanitize it, if it was in a collection beforehand I have to delete the book, add the old copy, delete THAT one from collections, and delete it, before I can add my sanitized copy and get on with things.

As far as I can tell, this only happens with books purchased from Amazon and not converted. (because if you convert it, you're really making a new book. )
eschwartz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2014, 02:46 PM   #6
germini

It seems I found a solution...
Right after I wrote that I haven't changed anything in the way I convert books, I remembered that some time ago I enabled sharing content via FB in Calibre. Today I made an experiment and ticked this option off and then converted those troublesome books and sideloaded them again. And it works! Although I don't know how But the books disappeared from the homepage after I added them to collections, and everything works fine now

Anyway, thank you for replies

Last edited by germini; 02-23-2014 at 03:03 PM.