Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 02-07-2014, 03:29 AM   #1
Anne13
Anne13 began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook Touch Lux
PDF reading

I read a lot of pdf files on my pocketbook touch lux. I prefer to read them in 'reflow', though, because it's easier on my eyes. However, I had some trouble with that. Every once in a while I cannot go to the next part of the page. It tries to load, but then it stays on the same part. Whenever I manually go to the next part and skip to the last part of the previous page, there are sentences missing.
Would there be any chance of fixing this problem? I'm a rookie, so maybe I missed a firmware update that fixes this? Or is there any other pdf reader that does this?
Thanks in advance!
Anne13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 04:18 AM   #2
walan
Enthusiast
walan plays well with otherswalan plays well with otherswalan plays well with otherswalan plays well with otherswalan plays well with otherswalan plays well with otherswalan plays well with otherswalan plays well with otherswalan plays well with otherswalan plays well with otherswalan plays well with others

Dear Anne13,
Unfortunately we all have the same problem with the reflow. Pocketbook will of course say that this is a problem in the formatting of the PDF file.
The only option you have is either to convert the PDF in Calibre into an epub or to use landscape format and cut the borders of the pdf. No other way...
walan is offline   Reply With Quote

Enthusiast
Old 02-07-2014, 08:43 AM   #3
markom
Addict
markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony prs t1 kindle dx ipad
Quote:
Originally Posted by walan View Post
Dear Anne13,
Unfortunately we all have the same problem with the reflow. Pocketbook will of course say that this is a problem in the formatting of the PDF file.
The only option you have is either to convert the PDF in Calibre into an epub or to use landscape format and cut the borders of the pdf. No other way...
Or crop A5 pdf and reflow A4 pdf (scan or vector) in k2pdfopt app.

http://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...9&postcount=11

Last edited by markom; 02-07-2014 at 11:07 AM.
markom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 12:15 PM   #4
Anne13
Anne13 began at the beginning.

Okay, thanks for the replies! Unfortunately, that was one of the main reasons for buying this e-reader...
Most of my texts are A4, but I will keep the app in mind, thanks markom!
Anne13 is offline   Reply With Quote