Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 01-21-2014, 07:27 PM   #1
jbcohen
Wizard
jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 5 Paperwhite and a Nook Simple Touch
Douglas Preston and Lincoln Child

I have been reading the Pendergast series by Douglas Preston and Lincoln Child and I and loving every page of the books. What is your opinion of the books?
jbcohen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 08:37 PM   #2
pwalker8
Guru
pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500
I've liked the ones that I've read. That's one of those series where I read the first several in dead tree format and when I looked at them in ebook format, there were gaps. But it's been a few years and perhaps those gaps have been filled in.
pwalker8 is offline   Reply With Quote

Enthusiast
Old 01-22-2014, 06:30 AM   #3
jbcohen
Wizard
jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I am only on book six so perhaps some of what you are talking about have not come up yet, however I have not found any of the holes that you are talking about. Personally I do not read anything in dead tree format any more, no trees or anything else died for what I am reading. Fow far have you gotten in the series pwaker?
Old 01-22-2014, 07:42 AM   #4
pwalker8
Guru
pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I got to book 4. The last time I looked was a number of years ago. I just looked in Calibre and see that I have The Cabinet of Curiosities, Still Life With Crows, and The Book of the Dead, which tells me that when I bought them (think it was from the Sony store a number of years ago when Sony was still using their proprietary format) Relic, Reliquary, Brimstone and Dance of Death were not available. I already had Relic and Reliquary in paper, but I've been converting to ebooks, so I would have bought them if they were there at the time.
Old 01-22-2014, 11:08 AM   #5
jbcohen
Wizard

Those are all very good books. If you have not read them as yet I would recommend them.
Old 01-22-2014, 01:41 PM   #6
pwalker8
Guru

I plan to. I'll probably fill in the whole series on my next buying spree.
Old 01-22-2014, 07:07 PM   #7
Fbone
Is that a sandwich?
Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Searching ...
I enjoy them. Some are better than others. Last month I bought their latest White Fire during a Kobo sale. I'll probably read it soon.
Fbone is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 07:57 PM   #8
HoopyFrood
Zealot
HoopyFrood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HoopyFrood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HoopyFrood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HoopyFrood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HoopyFrood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HoopyFrood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HoopyFrood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HoopyFrood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HoopyFrood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HoopyFrood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HoopyFrood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cruz e-reader, 2 Kindles and a Kindle DX, Sanza Clip
I like all of the earlier ones, but got kind of tired of them by about #6 or so. I just finished "White Fire" and it's really pretty mediocre. When you consider it started out with "Relic" it's pretty poor by comparison.
HoopyFrood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 09:23 PM   #9
Xanthe
Wizard
Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aluratek Libre, Sony T1, Sony 350, Pandigital, eBM 911, Nook HD & HD+
I got up to Book 6 in the series and then moved on to other things, always planning to return to it somewhere along the line.
Xanthe is offline   Reply With Quote