Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 01-20-2014, 01:07 PM   #1
carpetmojo
Wizard
carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony- T3, PRS650, 350, T1, T3T2 . Finally the Dark Side, aK-Paperwhite
Problems with Adobe D.E.

I've joined Smiths Book Club, and they send their books in acsm files, which I should be able to download and transfer into my Calibre Library.
However, I've a new PC, and the tech boys transferred all on my hard disc over , but I can't get the ADE I have to touch the Smiths books.
I did get a couple of things onto ADE, but dunno how !

Would it be a good idea to delete the existing ADE version and simply register and install a new version ?
carpetmojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 01:21 PM   #2
gbm
Fanatic
gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Hisence Sero 7 Pro, Nook STR, jetbook lite
You have to register the new Computer with ADE, just copying the old to the new system will not work. I.E. your ADE is registered to a diffident cpu, hard drive, andmotherboard combo.
I have changed out cpu and motherboards without having to re-register with ADE but with a complete new system register it.
Preparing eBooks for a Computer or Hard Drive Reformat

bernie

Edit:
I had to go into the basement of my Linux HD but the ADE registration is tired to the Volume serial number of your HD. I found this out the hard way a couple years ago when I manually changed the volume serial number on my .wine c drive. Had to re-register ADE.

Quote:
Originally Posted by carpetmojo View Post
I've joined Smiths Book Club, and they send their books in acsm files, which I should be able to download and transfer into my Calibre Library.
However, I've a new PC, and the tech boys transferred all on my hard disc over , but I can't get the ADE I have to touch the Smiths books.
I did get a couple of things onto ADE, but dunno how !

Would it be a good idea to delete the existing ADE version and simply register and install a new version ?

Last edited by gbm; 01-20-2014 at 02:44 PM.
gbm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 05:14 AM   #3
carpetmojo
Wizard
carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony- T3, PRS650, 350, T1, T3T2 . Finally the Dark Side, aK-Paperwhite
Many thanks gbm - that's the next job for the week sorted then ......
carpetmojo is offline   Reply With Quote