Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 01-31-2014, 04:37 PM   #46
MickiTee
Zealot
MickiTee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickiTee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickiTee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickiTee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickiTee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickiTee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickiTee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickiTee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickiTee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickiTee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickiTee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505 & T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by CRussel View Post
The later books in the series are positively tedious with armament details, and WAY too long. I think it was number 10 in the series that prompted me to post a review saying that there was a decent 400 page book hiding inside that 1200 page manuscript. But doing a rather too good a job of hiding.
I agree. Numbers 11 & 12 are also a bit long & dry, but he returns to form with 13 - A Rising Thunder. Its much shorter, about 500 pages on my PRS-T1 and its very much setting up for future books, but the plot moves along and ends with a cliff hanger. It definitely left me wanting to know what happens next.
MickiTee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2014, 04:50 PM   #47
CRussel
Wizard
CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, Fire HDX 8.9, Fire HD8.9, Fire 7HD, Surface 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xanthe View Post
Let me just throw Catherine Asaro's Skolian Empire series into the mix. It's one of my favorites.

The first book in the series is "Primary Inversion": http://www.baenebooks.com/chapters/0...0812550234.htm

She's an interesting person in her own right: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Catherine_Asaro
Yes, I enjoyed this series, at least for the first 4 or 5 books. But it got a bit old after a while, and I went off it. Probably time to look at it again.
CRussel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2014, 04:56 PM   #48
CRussel
Wizard
CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, Fire HDX 8.9, Fire HD8.9, Fire 7HD, Surface 2
By the way, speaking of authors in this style, let me recommend Rosemary Kirstein. The first book in her Steerswoman series is available for Kindle. Sadly, later ones are not, yet.
CRussel is offline   Reply With Quote