Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 01-14-2014, 01:29 PM   #1
django
django began at the beginning.

Device: none
Calibre Server Management

Hello!

I'm currently working to make a set of books from Gutenberg available to my students through Calibre Server. Everything is set up and they can access the library through a web browser, (only IE9 is available unfortunately). My issue is I need students to be able to either:

A: read epub and mobi files directly through an IE explorer plugin, (not the preferred solution)

B: be able to read with the calibre app, (or another viable one) on their desktops/iPads without having the ability to do anything except download new books from the server and read them.

I hope someone can help with suggestions here!

Thanks,

django
django is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 01:50 PM   #2
theducks
Grand Sorcerer
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy Tab 2, Astak Pocket Pro, K4NT
Quote:
Originally Posted by django View Post
Hello!

I'm currently working to make a set of books from Gutenberg available to my students through Calibre Server. Everything is set up and they can access the library through a web browser, (only IE9 is available unfortunately). My issue is I need students to be able to either:

A: read epub and mobi files directly through an IE explorer plugin, (not the preferred solution)

B: be able to read with the calibre app, (or another viable one) on their desktops/iPads without having the ability to do anything except download new books from the server and read them.

I hope someone can help with suggestions here!

Thanks,

django
One solution does not fit all

There are applications (some free) for ipad
I use a (EPUB) Plugin for my desktop browser, but it is for Firefox

Do the students (or staff) have permission to install plugins or software?
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote

Enthusiast
Old 01-14-2014, 03:49 PM   #3
eschwartz
Irrational Optimist
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch (Wifi only)
If it isn't feasible to install Firefox...

Can they run portableapps?
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote