Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 04-17-2008, 12:31 PM   #16
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, iPad Mini, iPhone 4, MS Surface Pro, N7
Brilliant! If only . Thanks for thinking of me .
HarryT is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 09:13 PM   #17
montsnmags
Grand Sorcerer
montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Brilliant! If only . Thanks for thinking of me .
It's the least we can do. In fact, anytime you want us to think about you, you just drop us a line and we'll put all our efforts to thinking about you.

I'm a charitable person, see?

Cheers,
Marc (I can give my thoughts, bare my soul, offer a prayer...anything that doesn't cost actual money )
montsnmags is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement
Old 04-17-2008, 09:24 PM   #18
yvanleterrible
When books can fly!
yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Mini in my lunchbox.
Quote:
Originally Posted by montsnmags View Post
It's the least we can do. In fact, anytime you want us to think about you, you just drop us a line and we'll put all our efforts to thinking about you.

I'm a charitable person, see?

Cheers,
Marc (I can give my thoughts, bare my soul, offer a prayer...anything that doesn't cost actual money )
Politician in the making are you? Evangelist?
yvanleterrible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 09:26 PM   #19
montsnmags
Grand Sorcerer
montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yvanleterrible View Post
Politician in the making are you? Evangelist?
I don't know about politician, but I would have to be a consummate liar to be an evangelist...

...wait, I see your point.

Cheers,
Marc
Old 04-18-2008, 04:01 AM   #20
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by montsnmags View Post
Hey , don't get carried away , too much of a good thing for Harry might be bad for him ........
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2008, 06:50 PM   #21
vivaldirules
When's Doughnut Day?
vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, iPad
Just for info, the Dickens mahogany desk and walnut chair were sold at a Christie's auction for 433,250 pounds (about $848,000 and rising) this week to a former Irish journalist who said he would probably use it to write nothing much deeper than a few letters. Sorry, Harry - unless you happen to know him.
vivaldirules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2008, 06:51 PM   #22
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
holy cow, i didn't realize journalists were paid that well.
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2008, 06:52 PM   #23
vivaldirules
When's Doughnut Day?
vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post
holy cow, i didn't realize journalists were paid that well.
I see now that "journalist" isn't quite right, or at least not completely. He's the CEO of a company....get this....that does on-line tarot card readings.
Old 06-08-2008, 06:53 PM   #24
zelda_pinwheel
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

on-line tarot card readings. now i'm *really* depressed.
Old 06-08-2008, 06:59 PM   #25
vivaldirules
When's Doughnut Day?

Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post
on-line tarot card readings. now i'm *really* depressed.
No kidding! On-line tarot card and psychic readings via your PC or cell-phone. I think I'm going to get sick now.
Old 06-08-2008, 07:21 PM   #26
Cthulhu
Technologist
Cthulhu has a spectacular aura aboutCthulhu has a spectacular aura aboutCthulhu has a spectacular aura aboutCthulhu has a spectacular aura aboutCthulhu has a spectacular aura aboutCthulhu has a spectacular aura aboutCthulhu has a spectacular aura aboutCthulhu has a spectacular aura aboutCthulhu has a spectacular aura aboutCthulhu has a spectacular aura aboutCthulhu has a spectacular aura about

Device: SONY Reader PRS-500
The squid avatars on that site are all well and good, but they lack basic math skills.

Either that, or those kids have taken their pretentious over-valuing of all things British to a ridiculous extreme.

How in the world could 80,000 pounds sterling translate to $800 BILLION dollars?!
Things are not that dire on this side of the pond.

Dead brilliant desk nonetheless.
Cthulhu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2008, 09:27 PM   #27
montsnmags
Grand Sorcerer

Let's steal it/pirate it/copyright infringe it and give it to HarryT. Think of the irony!

Cheers,
Marc
Old 06-08-2008, 09:56 PM   #28
yvanleterrible
When books can fly!
yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Mini in my lunchbox.
There are no copyrights on any furniture. I've designed things that were offered the next year over internet in some other country. The writing desk Dicken used is a generic rolltop that is still manufactured by many companies today. No one can claim ownership of such designs.

This desk has to be sold with a seal or papers of authenticity of some kind because there were thousands sold. It was called an accountant desk.
yvanleterrible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2008, 11:27 PM   #29
montsnmags
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by yvanleterrible View Post
There are no copyrights on any furniture. I've designed things that were offered the next year over internet in some other country. The writing desk Dicken used is a generic rolltop that is still manufactured by many companies today. No one can claim ownership of such designs.

This desk has to be sold with a seal or papers of authenticity of some kind because there were thousands sold. It was called an accountant desk.
Okay, so, just thinking, by that logic, what you're saying is, we should steal the original desk, yes? Why, you mastermind of deskal larceny you! Okay, I'm in. Remember, everyone, that it was Yvan's idea (and, by the way, is my infinite dining table finished yet? I can't wait forever, you know).

Cheers,
Marc
Old 06-09-2008, 06:43 AM   #30
zelda_pinwheel

"mastermind of deskal larceny" should be yvan's new title.

Tags
clouds of enlightenment, desk, dickens