Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Writers' Corner

Notices

Old 12-09-2013, 07:41 PM   #16
Katsunami
Wizard
Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
I don't.

I hate producing ANYTHING on a device that does not have a normal sized keyboard and a mouse. If I had a tablet such as an Asus Transformer, I might use it to produce something or maybe write mails, but you can forget about me using my phone for production; not even for taking notes. I actually answer anything that requires more than a one linen SMS with a call back.
Katsunami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 08:48 PM   #17
Arios
A curiosus lector!
Arios ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Arios ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Arios ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Arios ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Arios ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Arios ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Arios ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Arios ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Arios ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Arios ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Arios ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T1, Kobo Touch
A possible way to use a tablet for "production" (to take with a pinch of salt), could be with a stylus.

Samsung is going this way notably with the Galaxy Note 8.0 and some 10 inches models.

In addition it is a good way to rediscover his fountain pens as well as simply relearn to write.
Arios is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement
Old 12-18-2013, 07:50 PM   #18
pendragginp
Guru
pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Several
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Marseilles View Post
I find tech behaves better if you don't trust it.
Dis be troo.
pendragginp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2013, 01:53 PM   #19
Namekuseijin
affordable chipmunk
Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony XPeria ZL, Kindle Paperwhite
Just like this: I swipe over the letters of the keyboard with my finger and words are formed on the text area, like this web form, just now. And that's about it, really.

Besides web forums like this one, I've filled two whole blogs writing like this for the past 3 years out so. Not bad at all, though I admit having a bias towards haiku writing.
Namekuseijin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2013, 03:26 AM   #20
VictoriaP
Addict
VictoriaP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VictoriaP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VictoriaP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VictoriaP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VictoriaP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VictoriaP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VictoriaP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VictoriaP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VictoriaP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VictoriaP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VictoriaP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2; Kindle Touch; Kindle 2; iPad Mini; iPad1
I will use my iPhone in a pinch, if I absolutely have to. I have several different apps capable of syncing with my current WIP in Scrivener via Dropbox. But that's a rarity, mostly used to note down a quick story idea.

On the other hand, my iPad Mini is becoming my primary writing device, now that I have a Logitech Ultrathin Keyboard cover for it. Unfortunately I'm spending a fair amount of time in hospitals lately due to a family member's serious illness, and the Mini fits in nearly any purse. It's a decent balance between usability and portability for me, and right now, without it, I'd get no writing done at all. I've actually written thousands of words using the virtual keyboard, including this post, but I'm still faster touch typing on a "real" keyboard.

I only wish Literature and Latte would FINALLY get Scrivener for iOS out! Meanwhile, I muck around between the following:

--Notebooks for iPad (which uses plain text or multimarkdown, has the best organization functionality, and is where I keep all non WIP stuff and non writing related notes)

--PlainText (which has a very clean, no distraction interface)

--Textilus (I hate their interface, but they do sync editable RTF files, which the other two don't).

All three will sync with Scrivener, via Dropbox, which makes it reasonably easy to pick back up on the laptop when I can.
VictoriaP is offline   Reply With Quote