Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > ePub

Notices

Old 12-18-2013, 07:29 AM   #121
Psymon
Chief Bohemian Misfit
Psymon could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Psymon could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Psymon could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Psymon could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Psymon could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Psymon could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Psymon could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Psymon could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Psymon could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Psymon could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Psymon could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: iPad, ADE
Having read the follow-up replies, and going back to Hitch's earlier post...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitch View Post
The DX may be a K7, but when it comes to more complex books, I need that smaller screen so I can evaluate what the final result will really look like.
Is that all I'm missing out on with the earlier version of KP, i.e. a "smaller screen"? If that's the only difference, I could probably live with that, and just use my imagination as to how things might look on a smaller screen, as long as the KDX preview in the latest KP is rendering things in the same way.

If that's the case, then what's the size of that (or those) smaller screen(s)?
Psymon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 10:41 AM   #122
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2
600 x 800 pixels in a 6" screen. You can see the specifications of lots of devices in our wiki.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2013, 08:28 AM   #123
Psymon
Chief Bohemian Misfit
Psymon could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Psymon could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Psymon could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Psymon could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Psymon could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Psymon could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Psymon could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Psymon could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Psymon could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Psymon could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Psymon could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: iPad, ADE
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleDe View Post
600 x 800 pixels in a 6" screen. You can see the specifications of lots of devices in our wiki.
I took a peek -- wow, talk about TMI.

All joking aside, when I preview in KP as KDX, is how books are rendering text, etc. consistent with those other devices, it's basically just the size of the window that's different? If so, then I suppose I could just live with that -- I've got a vivid enough imagination to picture the window size different, and my main concern is how the text/images are being rendered/displayed.

If there's another aspect that I'm missing out on, though (apart from just window size), well, then I would certainly be more concerned about wanting to be able to preview in that.
Psymon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2013, 12:30 PM   #124
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2
Well the window size determines the number of characters on a line and the number of lines on a page. Pagination is a particular issue with smaller screens which today is evidenced on Smart phones. Will a picture fit and look right, will paragraphs (or even words) split in awkward ways, do the headings stay with the text that they are supposed to be with. How does smaller text and images appear on a low resolution screen. These are all part of the reading experience.

Dale

Last edited by DaleDe; 12-19-2013 at 12:33 PM.
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote