Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 11-17-2013, 02:52 PM   #16
phossler
Addict
phossler can understand the language of future parallel dimensionsphossler can understand the language of future parallel dimensionsphossler can understand the language of future parallel dimensionsphossler can understand the language of future parallel dimensionsphossler can understand the language of future parallel dimensionsphossler can understand the language of future parallel dimensionsphossler can understand the language of future parallel dimensionsphossler can understand the language of future parallel dimensionsphossler can understand the language of future parallel dimensionsphossler can understand the language of future parallel dimensionsphossler can understand the language of future parallel dimensions

Device: kindle
<opinion>

IMHO, there seems to be many forum questions about final formatting, i.e. WYSIWYG stuff

I used to prefer book view, but many comments and suggestions from many MUCH more experienced members convinced me to at least learn the basics of CSS and HTML to make something that is much more ereader read-able.

I've accumulated a basic stylesheet that has classes defined the way I prefer.

Even simple SIGIL formatting done in bookview is oft times not what I'm looking for and by cleaning the HTML I end with a cleaner epub.

Just as a carpenter has to learn how to use his tools, epub maker have to learn theirs (BTW, I have unlevel doghouse with a leaking roof)

So, my two cents for someone considering epub software would be to model it on the MS Word paradigm (I love that word) -- WYSIWYG using styles, and the epub-oriented user features of Sigil, with the EPUB3 features thrown in for good measure

I've tried to Export as Filtered HTML from MS Word and Calibre conversions. Didn't like any of the results. I only use Calibre to convert something to epub so that I can fix it with Sigil.

</opinion>

Paul

Last edited by phossler; 11-17-2013 at 05:41 PM.
phossler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 05:56 PM   #17
Arios
A curiosus lector!
Arios ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Arios ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Arios ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Arios ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Arios ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Arios ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Arios ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Arios ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Arios ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Arios ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Arios ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T1, Kobo Touch
ForsCream,

I think jellby raised the central issue of your request: this is probably up to you to tell us where Sigil is not easy to use, what could be "improved", or what is complicated in it to you?

At this point, the discussion could progress further.
Arios is offline   Reply With Quote