Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 10-26-2013, 09:11 PM   #31
knc1
Helpdesk Junkie
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many.
Check if it has debug symbols
If so strip it
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 08:10 AM   #32
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Tır
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
I did a "make install" on it, that strips out such symbols in general AIUI but I will run sstrip over it just to be sure. Still... would have to be 500 ishMB of symbols

I think it's because I enabled mhtml, web audio, introspection, video and a few other bits... building a 1.8.1 now with practically everything turned "off" (much like debian wheezy) as a sanity test.

But , yeah, Strip. Good thought. Thanks

Last edited by twobob; 10-27-2013 at 12:13 PM.
twobob is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement
Old 10-27-2013, 08:58 AM   #33
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW & PW2; Kobo H2O
I'm not familiar with WebKit, but gecko, on the other hand, if built with debug symbols, is also humongously huge, so I'm siding with knc1 on this one ;p.

(The 'install' target should only very, very rarely strip by default, and if it does, it's usually reported as a bug by a host of distribution packagers [mostly Gentoo ones, but, still, it should be left to the user to decide what to do with debug info ;D]).

Last edited by NiLuJe; 10-27-2013 at 01:35 PM.
NiLuJe is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 10:10 AM   #34
twobob
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

ah. good info thanks!
Old 10-27-2013, 11:20 AM   #35
twobob

Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
Check if it has debug symbols
If so strip it
it did. perfect advice

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
I'm not familiar with WebKit, but gecko, on the other hands, if built with debug symbols, is also humongously huge, so I'm siding with knc1 on this one ;p.

(The 'install' target should only very, very rarely strip by default, and if it does, it's usually reported as a bug by a host of distribution packagers [mostly Gentoo ones, but, still, it should be left to the user to decide what to do with debug info ;D]).
Ah, I learned something.

strip --strip-unneeded -o ./libwebkitgtk-1.0.so.0-strip libwebkitgtk-1.0.so.0.13.3

goes from 496.1mb to 18.7mb heh.
Old 10-27-2013, 11:40 AM   #36
knc1
Helpdesk Junkie
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many.
Now your problem is solved
let me tap into your FO cable.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
luakit.