Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 10-16-2013, 03:39 PM   #1
RobFreundlich
Enthusiast
RobFreundlich began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Fire
Question Hide a book from Content Server?

I'd like to put my Content Server up on my home network so my family can get to my books and download them to their various devices. However, certain books aren't appropriate for my kids (too violent, too much R-rated [or higher] activity, and so on), so I'd like to make those books *not* available.

Is there a way to hide certain books from the Content Server? I'm happy to give them a certain tag or whatever it takes.
RobFreundlich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 04:07 PM   #2
aleyx
Zealot
aleyx has exceeded all limitations known to mankindaleyx has exceeded all limitations known to mankindaleyx has exceeded all limitations known to mankindaleyx has exceeded all limitations known to mankindaleyx has exceeded all limitations known to mankindaleyx has exceeded all limitations known to mankindaleyx has exceeded all limitations known to mankindaleyx has exceeded all limitations known to mankindaleyx has exceeded all limitations known to mankindaleyx has exceeded all limitations known to mankindaleyx has exceeded all limitations known to mankind

Device: Cybook Orizon
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobFreundlich View Post
Is there a way to hide certain books from the Content Server? I'm happy to give them a certain tag or whatever it takes.
The virtual library feature would be the way to go.
aleyx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 05:49 PM   #3
theducks
Grand Sorcerer
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy Tab 2, Astak Pocket Pro, K4NT
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobFreundlich View Post
I'd like to put my Content Server up on my home network so my family can get to my books and download them to their various devices. However, certain books aren't appropriate for my kids (too violent, too much R-rated [or higher] activity, and so on), so I'd like to make those books *not* available.

Go for the Virtual Library to Shop

Preferences: sharing over the net: <select>
Obviously, you have to have one predefined before you get here
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 08:59 AM   #4
RobFreundlich
Enthusiast
RobFreundlich began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Fire
That did it. Thanks!
RobFreundlich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 12:39 PM   #5
aleyx
Zealot
aleyx has exceeded all limitations known to mankindaleyx has exceeded all limitations known to mankindaleyx has exceeded all limitations known to mankindaleyx has exceeded all limitations known to mankindaleyx has exceeded all limitations known to mankindaleyx has exceeded all limitations known to mankindaleyx has exceeded all limitations known to mankindaleyx has exceeded all limitations known to mankindaleyx has exceeded all limitations known to mankindaleyx has exceeded all limitations known to mankindaleyx has exceeded all limitations known to mankind

Device: Cybook Orizon
For more fun, you can also launch several instances of the content server, independent of the Calibre GUI. So you can run your full library on http://your-hostname:8080 (with password), your kids' library on http://your-hostname:8081 (with no password)... without having to run the full Calibre GUI.

I think someone here posted the Windows way to do that a while ago.
aleyx is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
content server