Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK

Notices

Old 10-10-2013, 11:05 AM   #16
PatNY
Zennist
PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPod Touch, Sony PRS-350, Nook HD+ & HD
I have the black B&N Lautner cover for my HD which I really like. I just bought an HD+ and am thinking of getting another black Lautner for that as well. I know they are expensive but they are very good quality and protect the device very well.

At any rate, B&N is offering 20% of one item through 10/14. It is not good for Nooks or Nook books, but can be used for accessories not already discounted. So if I get another Lautner, I will use that discount. (Details of the discount are in the deals forum here.)

--Pat
PatNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 11:07 AM   #17
booklover6
Wizard
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo (Aura, HD, Glo, Mini), KPW1, Nexus 7.2, KFHD'12(n2a), Nook HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinp View Post
This is the one I bought. It's real leather and has the magnets to turn my Nook on and off. I like how it's enclosed and can't slip out of the case.
I bought one. I had a similar case for another device in the past. So I think I will like it. I got the black, those other colors would drive me nuts.

Now we'll have 3 cases for our 3 HD7's...and 2 of those silicone back things. Not to mention the many padded sleeves.
booklover6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 01:53 PM   #18
Chapter One
Screen Swiper
Chapter One ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chapter One ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chapter One ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chapter One ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chapter One ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chapter One ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chapter One ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chapter One ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chapter One ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chapter One ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chapter One ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STwG, Nook HD+
Thank you everyone for all your suggestions.
I ended up just buying one of the 360 swivel ones from eBay. I really liked some of the ones on Amazon, B&N and other websites but the postage to get one shipped to New Zealand was just too much.
The eBay one cost me $15NZD, as opposed to $50-$60 that one from anywhere else would cost.
I will use the eBay one for a while until I determine just how much I even use the HD+ and if it turns out I use it a lot, I might treat myself a better cover for Christmas.
Chapter One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 05:41 PM   #19
cortman
Zealot
cortman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cortman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cortman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cortman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cortman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cortman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cortman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cortman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cortman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cortman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cortman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo, Kindle 3 3g, Nook HD+, Nexus 4 (Mantano)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bfollowell View Post
@cortman,

For the price, I have doubts that this one is real leather. It's still a nice looking case, especially the dual black-brown version. That's a great price for a nice-looking case, leather or not. I may pick one of these up as a backup for when my current case starts to get a little scuffed up.

Thanks for the link.

- Byron
It isn't real leather at all. It's PU leather- leather backing with a polyurethane embossed coating on top. Kind of chintzy, but I wanted something cheap. And that it does seem to be. You're welcome for the link.
cortman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 08:11 PM   #20
bfollowell
Fanatic
bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Amazon Kindle 3 Wi-Fi & B&N Nook Tablet & B&N Nook HD+
Quote:
Originally Posted by cortman View Post
It isn't real leather at all. It's PU leather- leather backing with a polyurethane embossed coating on top. Kind of chintzy, but I wanted something cheap. And that it does seem to be. You're welcome for the link.
OK, that's sort of what I thought. It's just that the description said it was leather. Still a decent looking case though. I love my poetic Dura Book case and it's just PU leather too.

- Byron
bfollowell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 03:52 PM   #21
ebsebs
Connoisseur
ebsebs is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.ebsebs is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.ebsebs is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.ebsebs is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.ebsebs is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.ebsebs is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.ebsebs is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.ebsebs is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.ebsebs is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.ebsebs is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.ebsebs is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.

Device: Nook ST/Nook HD+
@cortman,

I bought the case you recommended and I just received it.
It looks pretty good, fits the Nook HD+ snugly, works OK as a stand, and adds very little weight.
The cover magnets hold it closed and turn the Nook on and off with no problems.

It's better than I expected for under $10.00. Thanks!
ebsebs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 05:41 PM   #22
cortman
Zealot
cortman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cortman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cortman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cortman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cortman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cortman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cortman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cortman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cortman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cortman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cortman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo, Kindle 3 3g, Nook HD+, Nexus 4 (Mantano)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ebsebs View Post
@cortman,

I bought the case you recommended and I just received it.
It looks pretty good, fits the Nook HD+ snugly, works OK as a stand, and adds very little weight.
The cover magnets hold it closed and turn the Nook on and off with no problems.

It's better than I expected for under $10.00. Thanks!
Good to hear. Mine came today, apparently, so I will be testing it out as soon as I get home this evening.
cortman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 08:11 PM   #23
Chapter One
Screen Swiper
Chapter One ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chapter One ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chapter One ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chapter One ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chapter One ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chapter One ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chapter One ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chapter One ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chapter One ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chapter One ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chapter One ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STwG, Nook HD+
My cover arrived from the States today too. Now I just have to wait for my Nook HD+ to arrive so I can put it in the cover. It was shipped from the freight-forwarding company yesterday and should be in the country in 5-6 days. It will probably then take another day or two to get to me. So exciting!!!
Chapter One is offline   Reply With Quote