Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 10-10-2013, 06:54 AM   #31
Sregener
Addict
Sregener ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sregener ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sregener ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sregener ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sregener ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sregener ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sregener ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sregener ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sregener ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sregener ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sregener ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4NT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike L View Post
However, to read the free magazine provided by the library, you have to first log into the library's site, and then go from there to the Zinio site, and you have to do that on a PC or Mac. At that point, you can subscribe to any of the free magazines. You then go back to the Zinio app to read them.
I have no problems using Chrome on my Android to log onto the library web site and go from there to the Zinio site. I don't recall if I needed to use my Mac initially to set things up, but I'm not sure why you would need a computer vs a tablet.
Sregener is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 07:00 AM   #32
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
Thanks spersephone, that's what is happening here as well. (though I've yet to purchase any mags)
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-10-2013, 07:15 AM   #33
spersephone
Zealot
spersephone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spersephone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spersephone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spersephone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spersephone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spersephone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spersephone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spersephone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spersephone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spersephone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spersephone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo, Kindle Paperwhite, Kindle Voyage
I also use Chrome on my iPad much of the time to peruse the magazines. Right now there's a problem in my library, their issues are suddenly behind, but still, it's free, so can't complain!
spersephone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 07:42 PM   #34
kevinp
Fanatic
kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Scribe, Kindle PW (10th & 11th gen); Fire HD 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
Yep; you need two Zinio accounts. I've been doing the Zinio library thing since April.
I only have one Zinio account. When I "check out" the magazine from my library, it has me log in to my one and only Zinio account. I then get confirmation emails and the magazine shows up in my Zinio app.
kevinp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 08:08 PM   #35
spersephone
Zealot
spersephone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spersephone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spersephone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spersephone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spersephone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spersephone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spersephone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spersephone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spersephone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spersephone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spersephone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

That's how I do it too.
Advert
Old 10-10-2013, 10:23 PM   #36
xendula
eBookworm
xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4B/K ~ Nexus 7 ~ Kindle Paperwhite 1&2 ~ iPad Air
Finally found it - only one of my libraries even has it. So excited!
xendula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 10:32 PM   #37
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by xendula View Post
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 06:41 PM   #38
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinp View Post
I only have one Zinio account. When I "check out" the magazine from my library, it has me log in to my one and only Zinio account. I then get confirmation emails and the magazine shows up in my Zinio app.
Quote:
Originally Posted by spersephone View Post
That's how I do it too.
From the Seattle Public Library's downloads page

Quote:
Zinio how-to

Important:
You will need two Zinio accounts:
  1. You need a SPL Zinio collection account to browse the library’s magazine collection and add titles to your account.
  2. You also need a Zinio.com account for reading magazines online or delivering those magazines to a Zinio Reader app on your computer or mobile device. (Your Zinio.com account can include free library magazines, and also ones purchased directly from Zinio.com.)
(You can use the same username/password for these two accounts.)

Last edited by tubemonkey; 10-11-2013 at 06:45 PM.
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 06:46 PM   #39
spersephone
Zealot

That first link (SPL Zinio) is the RB Digital login I referred to. But I've only got a single Zinio account.
Old 10-11-2013, 07:03 PM   #40
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xendula View Post
Cool

A bunch of my libraries have it.
Old 10-11-2013, 07:04 PM   #41
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
That first link (SPL Zinio) is the RB Digital login I referred to. But I've only got a single Zinio account.
But you have to set it up in order to borrow.
Old 10-11-2013, 07:23 PM   #42
spersephone
Zealot

Yes, but they are two different types of accounts. You don't set up two accounts direct from the Zinio homepage, just one for standard Zinio usage, the other one "merges" with it.
Old 10-11-2013, 07:38 PM   #43
kevinp
Fanatic
kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Scribe, Kindle PW (10th & 11th gen); Fire HD 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
From the Seattle Public Library's downloads page
Figures. People up there are just soggy in the brain!

I spent a year and a half at Fort Lewis. I know how much it rains!
kevinp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 07:40 PM   #44
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
You don't set up two accounts direct from the Zinio homepage,...
No one here ever said that.
Old 10-11-2013, 07:41 PM   #45
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinp View Post
I spent a year and a half at Fort Lewis. I know how much it rains!
We drizzle a lot