Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Writers' Corner

Notices

Old 10-03-2013, 08:48 AM   #1
Anna Drake
Connoisseur
Anna Drake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anna Drake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anna Drake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anna Drake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anna Drake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anna Drake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anna Drake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anna Drake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anna Drake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anna Drake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anna Drake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: nook, kindle. epub apps for PC
Coker speaks good stuff

Smashwords founder, Mark Coker, yesterday made two excellent presentations for The Alliance of Independent Authors. The first session dealt with how to successfully sell ebooks. The second one focused on Apple iBook strategies and was fascinating. It's up on Youtube. Here's the link.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Lpzr0oDk4I
Anna Drake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 11:09 AM   #2
BeccaPrice
Wizard
BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 350, K3-3G, K4SO, KPW
I can't do youtube - can someone summarize?
BeccaPrice is offline   Reply With Quote

Enthusiast
Old 10-04-2013, 04:56 AM   #3
DaveinJapan
Enthusiast
DaveinJapan invented the internet.DaveinJapan invented the internet.DaveinJapan invented the internet.DaveinJapan invented the internet.DaveinJapan invented the internet.DaveinJapan invented the internet.DaveinJapan invented the internet.DaveinJapan invented the internet.DaveinJapan invented the internet.DaveinJapan invented the internet.DaveinJapan invented the internet.

Device: iPhone
Excellent link - thank you!
DaveinJapan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 09:59 AM   #4
Anna Drake
Connoisseur
Anna Drake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anna Drake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anna Drake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anna Drake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anna Drake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anna Drake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anna Drake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anna Drake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anna Drake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anna Drake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anna Drake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: nook, kindle. epub apps for PC
DaveinJapan, you're welcome.
BeccaPrice, Wow. I don't know where to begin. It's a lengthy video and interesting on so many levels. He talks about Apple's status as an ebook seller, which has increased. I believe he said they've overtaken B&N in the US market. He spoke of their desire to be number one, and their rapid expansion into foreign markets, and how many more outlets they have overseas than does Amazon. He outlined their support of indie authors and the various ways they can help boost sales through their editorial decisions. They have a lot of platforms on which writers, indies and otherwise, can be featured. He explained how to find your links to books sold through them. And there was so much info I'm sure I'm missing other huge and important parts. It was a fascinating presentation. Or as I sometime write, "her jaw dropped." LOL.
Anna Drake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 01:19 PM   #5
BeccaPrice
Wizard
BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 350, K3-3G, K4SO, KPW
Thanks, Anna - maybe I'll hit the public library and see if I can watch the video there.
BeccaPrice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013, 08:08 AM   #6
DaveinJapan
Enthusiast
DaveinJapan invented the internet.DaveinJapan invented the internet.DaveinJapan invented the internet.DaveinJapan invented the internet.DaveinJapan invented the internet.DaveinJapan invented the internet.DaveinJapan invented the internet.DaveinJapan invented the internet.DaveinJapan invented the internet.DaveinJapan invented the internet.DaveinJapan invented the internet.

Device: iPhone
Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anna Drake View Post
He explained how to find your links to books sold through them.
This is invaluable info, and I assume since it's a public talk that it's okay to share these "secrets"?

Best to go listen for yourselves, as it really is a goldmine, but just as a quick FYI one of them was to simply go to Apple's "link builder" tool and search up your book(s). You can then make a custom link or small or large button for people to click, thanks to this awesome resource those links are already up on my website!

There are several similar suggestions, so everyone should certainly go and check out the talk.
DaveinJapan is offline   Reply With Quote