Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 10-01-2013, 06:59 PM   #1
wfzimmerman
wfzimmerman began at the beginning.

Device: Nook Tablet
converting multiple html files to epub via command line

Hi,

Prevkous post seems to have gone astray. I need to use the command line (not the GUI) to convert a list of html files to epub a la http://manual.calibre-ebook.com/faq....specific-order. I am stuck - not sure why.

I have a toc file (toc.html) constructed just like the file in the example.

toc.html
file1.html
file2.html
file3.html

I want to issue a command

ebook-convert toc.html out.epub

that creates a single epub with all the files zipped and embedded. However, for some reason, this is not working. Advice?
wfzimmerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 11:22 PM   #2
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by wfzimmerman View Post
Prevkous post seems to have gone astray. I need to use the command line (not the GUI) to convert a list of html files to epub a la http://manual.calibre-ebook.com/faq....specific-order. I am stuck - not sure why.

I have a toc file (toc.html) constructed just like the file in the example.

toc.html
file1.html
file2.html
file3.html

I want to issue a command

that creates a single epub with all the files zipped and embedded. However, for some reason, this is not working. Advice?
The first step is to add the toc.html file to calibre as a book. I don't know how you add books via the command line. During the process of adding the toc.html file to calibre all of the files pointed to by the toc.html file will be gathered up and placed in a zip file and added as a book.

Now you can convert the resultant zip file to epub with ebook-convert as you outlined above.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote

Enthusiast
Old 10-02-2013, 11:14 PM   #3
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various

will work provided the links in toc.html are correct.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
calibre, conversion, html, multiple