Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 09-20-2013, 07:55 AM   #16
vice-versa
whippet addict
vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo Touch, Kobo Glo, Kobo Aura 6"
I beg your pardon everyone to ask it here, but could anyone lead me to a "how-to-do" link or something to : add a column in calibre and then add my books' status (finished/read) in it ? (I wouldn't dare by myself to create a post about that, so I'm glad this one came)
It would be greatly appreciated
vice-versa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 08:50 AM   #17
davidfor
Wizard
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Kobo Glo
vice-versa: There are instructions for adding the columns and doing the configuration in the help for the plugin. Open any of the dialogs and click the help link in the top right corner. Have a read, and try it. If you get a column set up, you can easily delete it.

Once you have the configuration done, I think http://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...59#post2539859 is a good version of the instructions for actually storing the reading status. That thread has a lot of discussion on this as well.

And if anything doesn't make sense, tell me and I'll try again.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote

Enthusiast
Old 09-20-2013, 09:03 AM   #18
davidfor
Wizard
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by touring View Post
Hahaa thanks David!
I was so careful to set things up right, and couldn't see what I'd done incorrectly.

With your help I may even get my Kobo working properly, nearly 2 years after I bought it
Glad to be able to help

I spent the time on the train fixing this. A long commute is good for something. I took my Touch back to 1.9.11 for testing. I'll send you a PM to download this version. Try it an tell me how it goes.
Old 09-20-2013, 02:11 PM   #19
vice-versa
whippet addict
vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo Touch, Kobo Glo, Kobo Aura 6"
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
vice-versa: There are instructions for adding the columns and doing the configuration in the help for the plugin. Open any of the dialogs and click the help link in the top right corner. Have a read, and try it. If you get a column set up, you can easily delete it.
Ok I remembered after having posted, where to find instructions for that (I didn't "connect" it in my mind at once as it was in the sticky post for managing shelf and so for me it was linked with shelves creation)

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
Once you have the configuration done, I think http://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...59#post2539859 is a good version of the instructions for actually storing the reading status. That thread has a lot of discussion on this as well.

And if anything doesn't make sense, tell me and I'll try again.
I think I'll have a thorough reading of this post
vice-versa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 08:05 PM   #20
touring
Enthusiast
touring began at the beginning.

Device: kobo touch
That's brilliant, thanks davidfor! The new version worked great.
I'm not quite sure what the numbers mean:
Bookmarks retrieved=803
Books with no bookmarks-0
Total books=825

At a guess maybe one quarter of the books have been read.

Last edited by touring; 09-20-2013 at 09:03 PM. Reason: spelling
touring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 03:22 AM   #21
davidfor
Wizard

Good to hear.

I discovered later that I had broken the store for the current firmware. I fixed that and will upload the latest version later tonight.