Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Apple Devices

Notices

Old 09-18-2013, 01:20 PM   #1
holymadness
Guru
holymadness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holymadness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holymadness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holymadness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holymadness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holymadness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holymadness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holymadness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holymadness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holymadness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holymadness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone
iOS7 is live — can be downloaded OTA now

You can also download iTunes 11.1 here:

Mac Users
Windows Users
Windows Users 64 bit
holymadness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 01:29 PM   #2
jswinden
Astrophotographer
jswinden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jswinden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jswinden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jswinden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jswinden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jswinden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jswinden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jswinden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jswinden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jswinden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jswinden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 2, iPhone 5, Nexus 7.2
Looks like we posted at the same time!

Don't forget you can download it directly to your iOS device over WiFi using Settings --> General --> Software Update.

Last edited by jswinden; 09-18-2013 at 01:31 PM.
jswinden is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 01:30 PM   #3
holymadness
Guru
holymadness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holymadness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holymadness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holymadness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holymadness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holymadness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holymadness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holymadness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holymadness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holymadness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holymadness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

My bad, you beat me to it.

It took me about 10 tries to get the download going (I kept getting a Software Update Failed error), but now it's going very fast. 11 minutes left.
Old 09-18-2013, 01:33 PM   #4
jswinden
Astrophotographer
jswinden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jswinden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jswinden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jswinden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jswinden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jswinden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jswinden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jswinden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jswinden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jswinden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jswinden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I got it to download on the first try but I'm downloading it directly to my iPad 3. Actually it has finished downloading and is currently stating, "Preparing Update..." It only took about 15 minutes to download. I bet the download time will increase as more people start downloading.
Old 09-18-2013, 02:11 PM   #5
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: HDX 8.9, AuraHD, Nook HD+, Kindle 2,3,T , Opus, Nexus7, iPhone5, etc
Still downloading here. Slow going on our connection at work which is seeing heavy use today, wish I could dl over LTE as it would be done already.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 02:12 PM   #6
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: FHDX8.9, FHD7.1, Nexus7.2, Nexus4, Kindle4S, ClipZip
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnemicOak View Post
Still downloading here. Slow going on our connection at work which is seeing heavy use today, wish I could dl over LTE as it would be done already.
Shoulda called in sick
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 02:34 PM   #7
jswinden
Astrophotographer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnemicOak View Post
It took about 1 hour to download and install on my iPad 3. Apple really needs to improve on that. All downloads from Apple are excruciatingly slow, as are backups and syncing with iTunes and iOS devices!
Old 09-18-2013, 02:51 PM   #8
holymadness
Guru

Wow, I love it. And the best part is, almost every one of my apps has been updated and redesigned. It's like having a completely new phone.

Last edited by holymadness; 09-18-2013 at 03:01 PM.
Old 09-18-2013, 02:54 PM   #9
MeSue
Geek in the Forest
MeSue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MeSue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MeSue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MeSue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MeSue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MeSue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MeSue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MeSue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MeSue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MeSue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MeSue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Air, iPhone 4s, Nexus 7
I'm still working on downloading/updating iTunes and iCloud control panel on my desktop and about 25 (remaining) app updates on my iPhone and iPad on my slow as molasses DSL connection. Watching the reports come in as I do that... not sure if I will pull the trigger tonight or wait. I really want control center!
MeSue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 03:01 PM   #10
jswinden
Astrophotographer

I think it is BUTT ugly and slow.

Is there anyway to change the opacity level and color of the bottom strip and folders?

When you bring up the controls via a swipe up from bottom of screen, it dims the screen. What a stupid Ive idea. How can you accurately set the screen brightness with the screen dimmed?!? You just have to guess and keep trying until you get it right...

Notes app loks like sh!t. Just a lot of white.

Last edited by jswinden; 09-18-2013 at 03:08 PM.
Old 09-18-2013, 03:18 PM   #11
holymadness
Guru

Lol why did you update then? It's not like any of this was kept secret. The design has been on Apple's own website for months.

Last edited by holymadness; 09-18-2013 at 03:26 PM.
Old 09-18-2013, 03:23 PM   #12
jswinden
Astrophotographer

Quote:
Originally Posted by holymadness View Post
Lol why did you update then? It's not like any of this was kept secret. The design has been Apple's own website for months.
You really cannot tell what it will look like are how it will act unless you install it on an iOS device. It looked tolerable in many of the screen shots I saw, but in person it is ugly. I'll probably revert back to 6.1.3 if that is possible.

If Apple will add a bunch of formatting options, like opacity level, icon text color, etc., then it might be acceptable as far as aesthetics go.
Old 09-18-2013, 03:54 PM   #13
jswinden
Astrophotographer

Calendar app also looks like a deuce. All white with very light grey text and lines. It is really difficult to read. I bet it looks even worse on an iPad Mini without a retina display.
Old 09-18-2013, 04:00 PM   #14
holymadness
Guru

Why are you using all these stock apps? Try Fantastical instead of Calendars, and Simplenote or Drafts instead of Notes.
Old 09-18-2013, 04:16 PM   #15
jswinden
Astrophotographer

Quote:
Originally Posted by holymadness View Post
Why are you using all these stock apps? Try Fantastical instead of Calendars, and Simplenote or Drafts instead of Notes.
I liked the older versions of those apps and will continue to use them. I doubt the ones you listed will sync as well with all my iDevices and my Mac. Third party apps rarely sync that well, if at all.