Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 10-10-2013, 03:29 PM   #106
parkher
Addict
parkher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.parkher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.parkher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.parkher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.parkher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.parkher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.parkher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.parkher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.parkher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.parkher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.parkher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, Sony PRS (T1,T2), PocketBook 902
Probably not.
sergeyvl expected white screen (the sleep picture now removed), but various patterns are occurring instead, depending on the model.
parkher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 03:34 PM   #107
sergeyvl12
ebook fan
sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 301+, Kindle 3 Wi-Fi, Onyx Boox A62, Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlynton View Post
@ #103

On my glo it was fine, but the sleep screen was different from what you describe, approximately the left third of the screen was black, while the right two-thirds was white. I wonder if this had anything to do with the crashes.
Can you contact me via skype or icq? I need more details.

http://pbchess.vlasovsoft.net/en/contacts.html

Last edited by sergeyvl12; 10-10-2013 at 03:37 PM.
sergeyvl12 is offline   Reply With Quote

Enthusiast
Old 10-10-2013, 03:36 PM   #108
trekk
Groupie
trekk solves Fermatís last theorem while doing the crossword.trekk solves Fermatís last theorem while doing the crossword.trekk solves Fermatís last theorem while doing the crossword.trekk solves Fermatís last theorem while doing the crossword.trekk solves Fermatís last theorem while doing the crossword.trekk solves Fermatís last theorem while doing the crossword.trekk solves Fermatís last theorem while doing the crossword.trekk solves Fermatís last theorem while doing the crossword.trekk solves Fermatís last theorem while doing the crossword.trekk solves Fermatís last theorem while doing the crossword.trekk solves Fermatís last theorem while doing the crossword.

Device: Pocketbook 602, Kobo Aura + Aura HD, a lot of kindle devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by parkher View Post
- frontlight is switched off when entering the sleep mode, switched on again (if it was on) on wake up (not tested by me - I don't use frontlight)
This works when pushing the power button and as well with the automatic sleep mode.
trekk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 04:56 AM   #109
jlynton
Addict
jlynton has won the respect of intelligent people and the affection of children.jlynton has won the respect of intelligent people and the affection of children.jlynton has won the respect of intelligent people and the affection of children.jlynton has won the respect of intelligent people and the affection of children.jlynton has won the respect of intelligent people and the affection of children.jlynton has won the respect of intelligent people and the affection of children.jlynton has won the respect of intelligent people and the affection of children.jlynton has won the respect of intelligent people and the affection of children.jlynton has won the respect of intelligent people and the affection of children.jlynton has won the respect of intelligent people and the affection of children.jlynton has won the respect of intelligent people and the affection of children.

Device: aura h2o
Quote:
Originally Posted by sergeyvl12 View Post
Can you contact me via skype or icq? I need more details.

http://pbchess.vlasovsoft.net/en/contacts.html
Hello Sergey,
I am not using either of those at the moment, but have done some more testing, and the problem seems only to occur when I close the cover (which has the magnet to sleep/wake), then CR goes to sleep after X minutes, then I open the cover and use the power switch to wake it.

Here is a photo of the suspend screen as seen on my glo.

Another, unrelated problem is that, although I have set the page update interval to 6, the reader does a full page refresh with every page turn.

EDIT: Update, with the sleep cover open, the device went into suspend automatically (timeout), woke with power button, then I did a couple of page turns, after which it crashed (touch screen and all buttons unresponsive). Had to reset.

Last edited by jlynton; 10-11-2013 at 05:21 AM. Reason: update
jlynton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 03:47 PM   #110
parkher
Addict
parkher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.parkher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.parkher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.parkher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.parkher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.parkher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.parkher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.parkher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.parkher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.parkher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.parkher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, Sony PRS (T1,T2), PocketBook 902
1.2.6.7 available:

1. default sleep time 10 minutes - now working correctly.
2. sleep cover - working, also correctly working interaction of sleep mode with frontlight.
3. in sleep mode - pictures again, .png pictures in "sleep" folder. The order - random.
4. turning pages - faster. If you noticed a slowdown in recent versions now back to fast.
parkher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 05:39 AM   #111
giorgio130
Time Waster
giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo and Aura HD
@Sergeyvl12, is your source of CoolReader available somewhere? I'd like to see how you handled sleep support, since in Koreader it is a little buggy as of now.
giorgio130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 06:58 AM   #112
sergeyvl12
ebook fan
sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by giorgio130 View Post
@Sergeyvl12, is your source of CoolReader available somewhere? I'd like to see how you handled sleep support, since in Koreader it is a little buggy as of now.
Yes, of cause. But there is no suspend support in CR itself. I have it in KoboLauncher, drivers (display and mouse) and some aux *.so - files. There is nothing special. I've just taken suspend.sh from koreader. And I also have resume.sh

#!/bin/sh
echo 0 > /sys/power/state-extended

So, if koreader has some bugs in sleep, CR has these bugs also.

Anyway, I'll publish sources of CR, KoboLauncher and drivers this Monday.

But can you tell what suspend bugs koreader has?
Old 10-12-2013, 11:42 AM   #113
jlynton
Addict
jlynton has won the respect of intelligent people and the affection of children.jlynton has won the respect of intelligent people and the affection of children.jlynton has won the respect of intelligent people and the affection of children.jlynton has won the respect of intelligent people and the affection of children.jlynton has won the respect of intelligent people and the affection of children.jlynton has won the respect of intelligent people and the affection of children.jlynton has won the respect of intelligent people and the affection of children.jlynton has won the respect of intelligent people and the affection of children.jlynton has won the respect of intelligent people and the affection of children.jlynton has won the respect of intelligent people and the affection of children.jlynton has won the respect of intelligent people and the affection of children.

Quote:
YSo, if koreader has some bugs in sleep, CR has these bugs also.
I have installed version 1.2.6.7, but my glo still constantly crashes. I use koreader on it, and have no problems with that whatsoever.
Old 10-12-2013, 12:08 PM   #114
sergeyvl12
ebook fan

Quote:
I have installed version 1.2.6.7, but my glo still constantly crashes. I use koreader on it, and have no problems with that whatsoever.
jlynton,

the problem is that I have no glo and I can't investigate this error. but its definitely not a crash. just touchscreen is frozen due some reason. Becides this problem appear not on every glo.

I need a skilled person with glo to diag this problem.

There is no such a problem on touch, mini, aura afain.
Old 10-12-2013, 12:17 PM   #115
jlynton
Addict

Quote:
jlynton,

the problem is that I have no glo and I can't investigate this error. but its definitely not a crash. just touchscreen is frozen due some reason. Becides this problem appear not on every glo.

I need a skilled person with glo to diag this problem.

There is no such a problem on touch, mini, aura afain.
The touchscreen freezes and the buttons are unresponsive. If there is anything I can do to give you more info (unskilled), please let me know.
Old 10-12-2013, 12:25 PM   #116
sergeyvl12
ebook fan

Quote:
The touchscreen freezes and the buttons are unresponsive. If there is anything I can do to give you more info (unskilled), please let me know.
a man from russian forum reported that this problem disappears if he changes sleep time IN NICKEL from 15 to 10 mins. can you try different sleep times?

becides, I can try just kill nickel (now I suspend it).

anyway, we will fix this problem, I hope.
Old 10-12-2013, 12:45 PM   #117
jlynton
Addict

I have just changed sleep time to 10 min. in the settings from the kobo home screen, but it froze again after just a minute or so. I then tried 5 min. and it froze also.
Old 10-15-2013, 05:37 AM   #118
trekk
Groupie
trekk solves Fermatís last theorem while doing the crossword.trekk solves Fermatís last theorem while doing the crossword.trekk solves Fermatís last theorem while doing the crossword.trekk solves Fermatís last theorem while doing the crossword.trekk solves Fermatís last theorem while doing the crossword.trekk solves Fermatís last theorem while doing the crossword.trekk solves Fermatís last theorem while doing the crossword.trekk solves Fermatís last theorem while doing the crossword.trekk solves Fermatís last theorem while doing the crossword.trekk solves Fermatís last theorem while doing the crossword.trekk solves Fermatís last theorem while doing the crossword.

Device: Pocketbook 602, Kobo Aura + Aura HD, a lot of kindle devices
I got some feedback about CR 1.2.6.7 from members of the german lesen.net forum.

Some people reported extreme battery consumption when using CoolReader. 1 hour reading time led to 4-6 % loss of battery power.

There also seems to be an issue with the KoboReader.sqlite, even if I can't think of any reason why this should happen. People, who read the same book with the Kobo app and with CR, experience a message from Calibre, complaining about a defective database.

Other people report, that after installing CR, their device is telling them, that there is no reading app for the book, they try to open.

One user has reported a frozen Glo.

I know, there is no way of diagnose this from afar, without knowing the model of the device, firmware, Calibre driver used, other software and patches, which might have been installed and interfere with CR, but I like to mention it anyway.

I got a huge wishlist from the german forum. Looking through my pm's, top priority is the implementation of tapzones, a search function, dictionary support and a working adjustable resfresh.

But even without that, CoolReader already has replaced Kobo's reading app for me.
trekk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 05:54 AM   #119
jlynton
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by trekk View Post
But even without that, CoolReader already has replaced Kobo's reading app for me.
Are you using it on your glo? I love coolreader, but find it unusable on my glo (see my previous posts).
Old 10-15-2013, 06:06 AM   #120
sergeyvl12
ebook fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by trekk View Post
I got some feedback about CR 1.2.6.7 from members of the german lesen.net forum.

Some people reported extreme battery consumption when using CoolReader. 1 hour reading time led to 4-6 % loss of battery power.

There also seems to be an issue with the KoboReader.sqlite, even if I can't think of any reason why this should happen. People, who read the same book with the Kobo app and with CR, experience a message from Calibre, complaining about a defective database.

Other people report, that after installing CR, their device is telling them, that there is no reading app for the book, they try to open.

One user has reported a frozen Glo.

I know, there is no way of diagnose this from afar, without knowing the model of the device, firmware, Calibre driver used, other software and patches, which might have been installed and interfere with CR, but I like to mention it anyway.

I got a huge wishlist from the german forum. Looking through my pm's, top priority is the implementation of tapzones, a search function, dictionary support and a working adjustable resfresh.

Thanks!

Now I'm working at (will be ready with 1.2.6.8 very soon):

1. "working adjustable resfresh"
2. power consumption in sleep mode
3. Start KoboLauncher at reader startup and continue with nickel at exit from kobo launcher. This should prevent database corruption and (possibly!) problems on glo.

Also good news: I've ordered Kobo Glo. It will arrive at the beginning of November. I hope that all the Glo's problems will be solved.

Last edited by sergeyvl12; 10-15-2013 at 06:08 AM.