Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader > Sony Reader Dev Corner

Notices

Old 09-16-2013, 01:14 PM   #1
Talayero
Talayero began at the beginning.

Device: Likebook Mars E Reader
PRS-T1 dead after rooting over the previous root without restoring original firmware

Hi:
I've been happily using 20120508-rupor-minimal+ on my PRS-T1 for more than a year. Then two days ago I did a reset by pushing the reset button with a needle. I usually do this when the e-book hangs for a while, and normally the device restarts without problems. But probably I pushed the button longer than usual, because it reset the system and I lost some programs like Mantano Reader, Goldendict, Barshorcuts etc.

Well, then I took the 20120508-rupor-minimal+ and I applied again, but I forgot that I should have restored the device before, using the restore-set-1.0.04.12210-us.
The result is now the reader is stuck with the screen: Opening Book. I can't turn it off, I can't turn it on.

I tried the restoring method of copying the folder "OS Firmware" (the one that is in restore-set-1.0.04.12210-us) to the root directory of my micro SD card. I tried for hours several times, pushing all the buttons correctly as it is written in the instructions. When I get the screen to flash as it were to restart, it remains always with this image frozen: "Reader - Opening book...- Includes Adobe Reader Mobile".

Another thing I tried is using the "OS Firmware.o", the old one that was in the SD card. I deleted the "o" and tried it in the vane hope of going back to the point where the device worked (although without some programs that were lost), before my "brilliant" idea of rooting again the device without restoring the original firmware.

The worst of all is I had a lot of books underlined and with notes that I have taken using the Reader app. Two days ago, after doing accidentally the reset, I could access to these books using the Reader app. I saw then that all the notes were intact. The only problem then is I had lost the other apps (Mantano reader, Golden Dict, Cool reader etc)

I would appreciate very much some help.
The best situation for me would be recovering the device without losing all the underlines and notes that were there just two days ago.
But probably that's asking two much.

Thank you in advance.
Talayero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 02:20 AM   #2
uboot
Evangelist
uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.

Device: Kobo Mini, Tolino Epos 2
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=180882
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=220582
uboot is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-17-2013, 08:53 AM   #3
Talayero
Talayero began at the beginning.

Device: Likebook Mars E Reader
Thank you very much for your links.

I found out what the real problem is, and I don't know if there is a solution for this.

The device can't read the micro sd card. The card is OK, I tried it in another PRS-T1 and it works, but in mi device, when I try to do the recovering through the card, I can see that the led never blinks, that's to say, the device is not reading the card and that's why I can't restore it. I tried also a different card and the problem is the same: the led never turns on.

I don't know what has caused this. The only thing I did wrong is trying to root an already rooted device without restoring the original firmware.

I would appreciate very much some help.
Thank you in advance,
Talayero is offline   Reply With Quote