Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Tablets

Notices

Old 09-10-2013, 09:55 PM   #1
bubba62
bubba62 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Arc
Dropbox and Kobo Arc

HI
I have dropbox on both my computer and kobo arc. I have sent a link to myself for all my books on dropbox on my computer and they all show up on my dropbox on my kobo arc. When I try to download to my kobo arc I get "Can not open James Patterson - Guilty Wives.epub Please download an app that can open this file" Why can't I download these epub files to my kobo arc?
Thanks for your help
bubba62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 10:35 PM   #2
JD Gumby
Cynical Old Curmudgeon
JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Mini, Kobo Arc, HTC Desire C
As it says, you need an app installed that will open .epubs. Take a look at the Android Devices subforum for suggestions.
JD Gumby is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement
Old 09-10-2013, 10:59 PM   #3
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by JD Gumby View Post
As it says, you need an app installed that will open .epubs. Take a look at the Android Devices subforum for suggestions.
Does this mean that the Kobo app won't open other Epubs? I had assumed it would.
Nate the great is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 11:02 PM   #4
PeterT
Taking a break; Fed up
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Wife: Touch, Arc, Vox Me: Nexus 7, Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate the great View Post
Does this mean that the Kobo app won't open other Epubs? I had assumed it would.
It's possible that the Kobo app has not advertised to the Android system that it can handle ePubs.

See if you can open the file from within the Kobo reader app.
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 11:32 PM   #5
tlaine
Zealot
tlaine understands the importance of being earnest.tlaine understands the importance of being earnest.tlaine understands the importance of being earnest.tlaine understands the importance of being earnest.tlaine understands the importance of being earnest.tlaine understands the importance of being earnest.tlaine understands the importance of being earnest.tlaine understands the importance of being earnest.tlaine understands the importance of being earnest.tlaine understands the importance of being earnest.tlaine understands the importance of being earnest.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, Mini; Kindle PW2
I just checked; it will import and open non drm epubs.

From in dropbox:
select book
export to sd card
(I have a "book" directory so I saved it there)

From in kobo app library:
import items
select the book
(select option to have the kobo app delete from the "book" directory or not)

Book appears in Library.

Last edited by tlaine; 09-11-2013 at 12:10 AM. Reason: added dropbox steps I used
tlaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 01:00 AM   #6
bubba62
bubba62 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Arc
tlaine

I have done the same I made a "book" directory and have exported some books to that directory
How do I get to the "kobo app library"?
bubba62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 01:23 AM   #7
tlaine
Zealot
tlaine understands the importance of being earnest.tlaine understands the importance of being earnest.tlaine understands the importance of being earnest.tlaine understands the importance of being earnest.tlaine understands the importance of being earnest.tlaine understands the importance of being earnest.tlaine understands the importance of being earnest.tlaine understands the importance of being earnest.tlaine understands the importance of being earnest.tlaine understands the importance of being earnest.tlaine understands the importance of being earnest.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, Mini; Kindle PW2
I've changed some things but I'm using the Tapestries launcher so hopefully you'll see this:

Tap "Reading" tapestry

Tap "Library" icon

In the top left corner, beside the K logo, tap the area to the right of it and the following list comes up:

Home
Library
Store
Reading Life

Select Library.
tlaine is offline   Reply With Quote