Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 07-30-2014, 02:12 PM   #1
Smartie
Groupie
Smartie turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.Smartie turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.Smartie turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.Smartie turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.Smartie turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.Smartie turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.Smartie turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.Smartie turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.Smartie turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.Smartie turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.Smartie turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.

Device: Kindle DXG
How to check warranty

Hi

I am going to buy an Aura HD from someone, how could I check warranty? Is there any website that I can enter series number like IPad?

Thanks
Smartie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2014, 12:14 AM   #2
hleo12
Groupie
hleo12 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterhleo12 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterhleo12 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterhleo12 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterhleo12 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterhleo12 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterhleo12 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterhleo12 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterhleo12 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterhleo12 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterhleo12 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Device: Kobo Glo
As far as I know, Kobo's standard warranty is solely based on your receipt. There isn't even a website where you can register your device (that I know of, at least). The store where I purchased my Glo was pretty adamant that I photocopy my receipt 'cause the paper they use as receipts fade over time. Thinking about it now, I don't know where the heck my receipt is...
hleo12 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2014, 12:25 AM   #3
Ripplinger
350 Hoarder
Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-350: 3 Silver, 2 Blue!; Kobo Glo
I'm pretty anal about filing important receipts like that, but because of thermal paper fading to nothing in short periods of time, I always scan them when new and keep a copy on my computer. Which is also backed up to 3 more drives nightly as part of my routine backups.
Ripplinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2014, 02:35 AM   #4
hleo12
Groupie
hleo12 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterhleo12 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterhleo12 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterhleo12 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterhleo12 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterhleo12 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterhleo12 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterhleo12 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterhleo12 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterhleo12 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterhleo12 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Device: Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ripplinger View Post
I'm pretty anal about filing important receipts like that, but because of thermal paper fading to nothing in short periods of time, I always scan them when new and keep a copy on my computer. Which is also backed up to 3 more drives nightly as part of my routine backups.
I salute you... I don't think my brain would be able handle organizing anything... I have a box where I dump everything I frequently use beside my bed. And that's as far as my organizing skills go...

But back on topic, wouldn't it be nice if we could register our devices? Most mobile manufacturers have a website where you can register your product and check your warranty online.
hleo12 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2014, 03:01 AM   #5
Ripplinger
350 Hoarder
Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-350: 3 Silver, 2 Blue!; Kobo Glo
Yes, it would be nice to register all devices. A lot of computer parts and just about all electronics and appliances require online registration that way. Easy to track, and easier for everyone involved if you ever need an RMA or service during warranty period.
Ripplinger is offline   Reply With Quote