|03-27-2008, 05:58 PM||#1|
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Frankfurt, FRG
Device: PB-IQ / Sony PRS-500
Dictionary for Sony PRS500/5 (SD card) with Onscreen-Keyboard
This is mainly a cross-link to a thread in Sony Reader's Dev Corner - but may be of interest to some.
I just made up a little "DictioLauncher 0.5". This is how it works:
– Dictionaries can be accessed without closing your current book: by inserting the SD card the launcher just "appears" and will "disappear" after use.
– Your dictionary must be a simple text file: no html, no mobipocket or the like!!!
You can search for any word using the onscreen keyboard (use buttons 0 to 9).
Get at different keyboard rows with "cursor-up/down".
. . . (It's enough to type the first letters of a word: the whole word will be displayed...)
The "arrow" (right side) removes letters from your input word one-by-one.
DictioLauncher will check your input word against the first word of each line of your text file.
Search time varies from zero ("a...") to"quite some time" (> 3 s for "z..." in a 12,000-lines-file).
The previous/next line (= word) will be displayed by pressing <page up/down> or <cursor left/right> (search restarted forward/backward).
– Included are three example dictionary files (French, Italian, Spanish; from www.freedict.com): Rename any of these to "dictionary.txt" and put them into "Sony Reader/software" on your SD card.
– BUT - you may use *ANY* text file you have/find (thesaurus, to-do-list, etc.).
– Go and find dictionary files for any language you need!
– Your text file should be saved as UTF-8. Sony PRS-500/5 seems to get a "hangover" if confronted with characters like á, è, ß or even ö (o-umlaut)...
(Also the eReader does *not* like "-, *, /" at the beginning of a line while searching your input .)
...while editing this post (the URL for the original post) some of it miraculously got lost... ...and found again.
Here is the link for the dictioLauncher thread:
Last edited by Clemenseken; 03-28-2008 at 04:48 AM. Reason: (changed link to thread in Dev Corner...)
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|Dictionary for Sony PRS500/5 (autorun from SD card)||Clemenseken||Sony Reader Dev Corner||155||01-06-2011 03:58 PM|
|Kindle or Sony prs500 or even Sony Prs700||mkkid||Which one should I buy?||12||08-30-2010 02:40 PM|
|prs500 won't read my sd card||chancekang||Sony Reader||3||11-07-2009 11:33 AM|
|PRS-500 Dictionary for Sony PRS500/5 (autorun from SD card) with onscreen keyboard||Clemenseken||Sony Reader Dev Corner||3||07-05-2008 08:33 AM|
|Dictionary for Sony PRS500/5 - new version next week ...||Clemenseken||Sony Reader Dev Corner||1||04-15-2008 07:42 AM|