Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 09-08-2013, 10:49 AM   #1
Xen
Enthusiast
Xen is not required to obey the law of gravity.Xen is not required to obey the law of gravity.Xen is not required to obey the law of gravity.Xen is not required to obey the law of gravity.Xen is not required to obey the law of gravity.Xen is not required to obey the law of gravity.Xen is not required to obey the law of gravity.Xen is not required to obey the law of gravity.Xen is not required to obey the law of gravity.Xen is not required to obey the law of gravity.Xen is not required to obey the law of gravity.

Device: Kindle
M92 questions

I have 2.

What is the file system used, eg how are books organized? Is it hierarchical or a flat display with at most a single categorization like the Kindle, or something else?

How well does it interface with Calibre, particularly as regards interfacing with the device file system?

EDIT: Make that THREE questions!

How does the search function work, eg can I search only on titles, only on author, only on contents, and are tags at all usable/searchable?

Last edited by Xen; 09-08-2013 at 10:56 AM.
Xen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 01:17 PM   #2
Xen
Enthusiast
Xen is not required to obey the law of gravity.Xen is not required to obey the law of gravity.Xen is not required to obey the law of gravity.Xen is not required to obey the law of gravity.Xen is not required to obey the law of gravity.Xen is not required to obey the law of gravity.Xen is not required to obey the law of gravity.Xen is not required to obey the law of gravity.Xen is not required to obey the law of gravity.Xen is not required to obey the law of gravity.Xen is not required to obey the law of gravity.

Device: Kindle
Help?
Xen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 02:14 PM   #3
Ayla7
Connoisseur
Ayla7 has rectified all his or her action issues with transformational deconfliction.Ayla7 has rectified all his or her action issues with transformational deconfliction.Ayla7 has rectified all his or her action issues with transformational deconfliction.Ayla7 has rectified all his or her action issues with transformational deconfliction.Ayla7 has rectified all his or her action issues with transformational deconfliction.Ayla7 has rectified all his or her action issues with transformational deconfliction.Ayla7 has rectified all his or her action issues with transformational deconfliction.Ayla7 has rectified all his or her action issues with transformational deconfliction.Ayla7 has rectified all his or her action issues with transformational deconfliction.Ayla7 has rectified all his or her action issues with transformational deconfliction.Ayla7 has rectified all his or her action issues with transformational deconfliction.

Device: Onyx Boox i62HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy11 View Post
On Onyx i62, M92, you haven't a "library". You use a classical filesystem with directories if you want. It's more useful because you can order your books as you want, by directories, filenames - the name of the file, not the name of the book. You can order them with the metadata (the name of the book for EPUB), but if you have many books it could be a quite long because all books must be analyzed for that before to be displayed.
And yes, you can send books from calibre to your Boox

Finally, as far as I know, no, you can do a general search, but you cannot specify where to search for the word (titles, author, contents...)
Ayla7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 07:21 AM   #4
docidocus
docidocus began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx Boox M92
Hi! I have some other questions to M92:
1) Is there now the multitasking feature available in the newest version of the firmware or are they working on it? Or both not??
2) Is SDL available? Or can I compile it for the M92?
3) Can I use Python on it?
4) Is there a hope that Onyx will implement new features or are they all working at the new readers?
5) Can I write new textfiles on the reader?
7) Can I write own programs for it or is it like Kindle: There is Linux (GPL 2) on it, but I can't put my own version on it?

Thank you.

Last edited by docidocus; 09-23-2013 at 11:20 AM.
docidocus is offline   Reply With Quote