Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 08-30-2013, 01:10 PM   #1
Kumabjorn
Basculocolpic
Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3 WiFi, Kindle 4SO, Kindle for Android, Sony PRS-350 and PRS-T1
Kindle books on Android

I haven't moved books from Calibre to my Android devices in a long while. So both the Kindle app and Android are now several versions removed from when I did it the last time. If I go into the /sdcard/kindle directory on the phone I can't find anything. I did however direct Calibre to move some books to that directory (folder) but the Kindle app doesn't see them and neither does ES File Explorer.
Where should they be and can I make sure Calibre will move the books to the right place in the future?
Kumabjorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 04:10 PM   #2
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Try "/sdcard/Android/data/com.amazon.kindle/files"

Files I place there show up in the Kindle app on my Nexus 7 (that's also where books purchased from Amazon appear).

Customizing calibre's "Android driver" Device Interface plugin will allow you to configure different destination directories.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 08:37 PM   #3
jgaiser
Omnivorous
jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire HD, Kindle GDX, Kindle 3, KPW, Nook HD+
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiapDealer View Post
Exactly. Seems to be a standard path as it's the same on my HD+ running CyanogenMod.
jgaiser is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 09:34 AM   #4
chaley
"chaley", not "charley"
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Many android devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiapDealer View Post

Files I place there show up in the Kindle app on my Nexus 7 (that's also where books purchased from Amazon appear).

Customizing calibre's "Android driver" Device Interface plugin will allow you to configure different destination directories.
It was /kindle a year ago. I don't know when they changed it.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 11:13 AM   #5
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaley View Post
It was /kindle a year ago. I don't know when they changed it.
Yes. I don't remember when it changed. Even on my Kindle Fire HD, the location of Amazon purchased content was changed. It's very similar to the path used by the stock Android Kindle app but with one additional level: "/sdcard/Android/data/com.amazon.kindle/files/Books"

Though in the case of the Fire (HD) it only seems to recognize side-loaded content sent to /sdcard/Books or /sdcard/Documents (without a lot of extra hoop-jumping, anyway).
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote