Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Writers' Corner

Notices

Old 03-28-2015, 05:56 PM   #1
Gregg Bell
Gregg Bell
Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch Sony PRS300
Can anybody explain how Copy.com works to me?

I got Copy.com on both of my two computers. I know that if I put something in the Copy folder that something will be available on both computers.

But how Copy does the backing up I don't know.

When I change a file or folder do I have to plop that into the Copy folder every time or does Copy somehow update the file or folder in the Copy folder automatically? (It doesn't seem to.)

Okay, when I, say, take the Documents folder from one computer and plop it into the Copy folder that's that. Then I take the Documents folder from the other computer and plop that into the Copy folder, then all the files from both folders will be in the Copy folder (and the Copy cloud), right?

Now I just removed a couple of files from a folder and copied and pasted the folder into the Copy folder. But then when I looked at the Copy folder the files I'd deleted were still there. What's the process? How does it work?

I mean, how does this work as a way of backing things up AND organizing things? To me it seems like a decent way of throwing stuff into the Copy folder (and cloud), but how is that different than Google Drive? I mean, that's not really a backup, is it? It's like a flash drive in the cloud.

And when I combined the same folders (with the same titles anyway, but they each had different files within them) from the two computers I'd expected each folder on each computer to have all the same files that were cumulatively on both. Instead, they're the same. And the cumulative is only on the Copy folder.

I like the notion of just throwing the folders and files into the Copy folder. It's much quicker than Google Drive. But the backing up feature eludes me and the syncing feature makes me fearful that I'll lose data or that the files will become hopelessly less organized.

Thanks.
Gregg Bell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2015, 06:09 PM   #2
Glorfindel
Force-Aware Elf
Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4 w/SO
Are you editing the file in the copy folder? Any changes should show next sync.
Glorfindel is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement
Old 03-29-2015, 08:22 PM   #3
Gregg Bell
Gregg Bell
Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch Sony PRS300
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glorfindel View Post
Are you editing the file in the copy folder? Any changes should show next sync.
No. Was not editing in the copy folder. That makes sense. So simple. LOL Thanks Glorfindel.
Gregg Bell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2015, 09:29 PM   #4
Glorfindel
Force-Aware Elf
Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4 w/SO
Happy to help
Glorfindel is offline   Reply With Quote