Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Fire

Notices

Old 08-25-2013, 12:44 AM   #1
cablebud
cablebud began at the beginning.

Device: kindle fire hd
kindle fire hd

purchased a used kindle and when i tried to register it they told me it was stolen or lost.upon learning of this i asked for help with returning it to the correct owner. amazon was anything but helpful.so if i cannot return it or get my money back how can i get it registered? please help
cablebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 11:07 AM   #2
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW2, iPad Retina Mini, iPhone 4, MS Surface Pro, Kobo H2O, N7
You can't. Get your money back from the seller.

Moved to the Kindle Fire forum.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 01:09 PM   #3
Jessica Lares
Wizard
Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire HD 6, iPad Mini, iPod Touch (5th gen)
Try and get your money back to begin with. If you can't do that, XDA has guides to put CyanogenMod on it, but there's still a lot of work that needs to be done, but it should be usable.
Jessica Lares is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 11:59 AM   #4
cicsos2
Enthusiast
cicsos2 is a marvel to beholdcicsos2 is a marvel to beholdcicsos2 is a marvel to beholdcicsos2 is a marvel to beholdcicsos2 is a marvel to beholdcicsos2 is a marvel to beholdcicsos2 is a marvel to beholdcicsos2 is a marvel to beholdcicsos2 is a marvel to beholdcicsos2 is a marvel to beholdcicsos2 is a marvel to behold

Device: kindle Kbd, Fire(N2A), & 8.9
Or check out N2Aos.com - for $20 it becomes an easy task to turn the device into a functioning Android 4.2.2.

Every other option ends up with the KF being recycled. Its a shame, but that appears to be our only choice.

I also assume that there was no identifying information in the Contacts app or the email app. Does the KF have Amazon Drive, Google Drive, Box or Dropbox installed? If so, that might be a way to get a message back to the owner.

OTH, if there was a logon password, none of that would be accessible.

(My KF running N2Aos does have a contact email on the logon screen.)
cicsos2 is offline   Reply With Quote