Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals, Freebies, and Resources (No Self-Promotion)

Notices

Old 08-22-2013, 02:25 PM   #16
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K4S, FireHD7.1, Nexus7.2, Nexus4, ClipZip
Quote:
Originally Posted by booklover6 View Post
That is so tempting! Root and have an android tablet! I better not look.
It's not really such a good deal. The extra $30 for the Fire HD gets you quite a bump in specs.

Fire HD --- Fire 1G
  • CPU: 1.2GHz --- 1.0GHz
  • RAM: 1.0GB --- 0.5GB
  • Display: 216 ppi --- 169 ppi
  • Storage: 16GB --- 8GB
  • Camera: front --- no
  • HDMI: yes --- no
Best wait for the HD to go on sale again and consider it then.
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 02:29 PM   #17
booklover6
Wizard
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD /Glo /Mini, Nexus 7.2, Nook HD, KFHD'13
Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
It's not really such a good deal. The extra $30 for the Fire HD gets you quite a bump in specs.

Fire HD --- Fire 1G
  • CPU: 1.2GHz --- 1.0GHz
  • RAM: 1.0GB --- 0.5GB
  • Display: 216 ppi --- 169 ppi
  • Storage: 16GB --- 8GB
  • Camera: front --- no
  • HDMI: yes --- no
Best wait for the HD to go on sale again and consider it then.
Good point. I don't need another tablet anyway. I am waiting for a lighted 5" eink reader.
booklover6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 03:27 PM   #18
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Reminder -- at 3pm PDT the 4G Fire HD 8.9 refurb goes on sale
Old 08-22-2013, 05:42 PM   #19
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Kindle Fire Zip Sleeve is now live -- offer ends at 3pm PDT

For 1st & 2nd Gen Kindle Fires only

Quote:
Our stylish nylon sleeve provides optimal protection for your Kindle Fire while you’re on the go. The lightweight material, slim profile, and zipper closure make it easy to quickly and securely stow your device in any bag or purse. The fully enclosed design ensures that your Kindle Fire is protected from all angles.

Available in five distinctive colors, our sleeves provide a combination of form and function. The exterior features faux leather trim in classic colors, while the soft, patterned interior keeps Kindle Fire safe from scratches.

Slim, lightweight, and durable, this sleeve is perfect for taking Kindle Fire wherever you go. The zipper closure and fully enclosed design provide ultimate fit and protection without adding bulk.
Old 08-22-2013, 06:09 PM   #20
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Kindle Fire HD 8.9 4G refurb is now live -- offer ends at 5pm PDT
Quote:
For a very limited time, Certified Refurbished Kindle Fire HD 8.9" 4G is available as a Lightning Deal starting from only $249 (the 64GB version is available for just $299).

This offer is only valid during the promotion time and while supplies last. It must be purchased from the Gold Box page. Limit one per customer.
Old 08-23-2013, 11:53 AM   #21
sakura-panda
Guru
sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, Kindle 3, iPad, iPhone 5, Sony T1, NOOK HD+
I ignored the deals when I went through my email and when I checked the Gold Box/Lightning Deal page.

Then I came here, read the thread and the comments, and managed (with help from my mom and my husband) to buy one Kindle Fire HD 7" 32 GB for each of my three kids (ages 9, 6 and 4) for our upcoming vacation. (Four nights at the waterpark, three hour drive each way.)

My husband, the helpful enabler that he is, found three styluses and covers for me too.

I want to say thank you, but I'm going to wait until after I come home and review my credit card statement to see how grateful I really am!

(Anyway, thanks for sharing! I love a good bargain that comes with recommendations from other users. I confess it was the comments that encouraged me to contact my husband with, "did you see these?" The two oldest have birthdays in September and November and will be told this is all they get. The four year old doesn't turn five until February and I have a feeling he's just getting one because he is cute and we couldn't leave him out when he actually takes better care of his LeapPad than the older two take care of their DSs. Also, we've had a lot of "you don't get because you're too young" recently and this should balance it out.)
sakura-panda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 01:22 PM   #22
booklover6
Wizard
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD /Glo /Mini, Nexus 7.2, Nook HD, KFHD'13
That is awesome. 32gb should give them plenty of room for all the apps they want.
booklover6 is offline   Reply With Quote