Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 03-19-2008, 12:38 PM   #16
Taylor514ce
Actively passive.
Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505/LC
Yes, though understandably PriceGrabber wants to know if one of their vendors is, inadvertently or not, misusing their site. It affects their credibility, and vendors who are repeat offenders risk losing their relationship with PriceGrabber.
Taylor514ce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2008, 09:13 PM   #17
lionfish
Connoisseur
lionfish doesn't litterlionfish doesn't litter

Device: E-Book Reader
Vann's is offering a sale for $279 free shipping but only ship in the US.
lionfish is offline   Reply With Quote

Enthusiast
Old 03-24-2008, 04:04 PM   #18
Rocketime
Zealot
Rocketime has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Rocketime has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Rocketime has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Rocketime has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Rocketime has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kindle/Nook Color/NST/Acer Iconica
Costco in Lake Elsinore, CA is offering the PRS-500 for $119.00. They have a picture display of the 500.
Rocketime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008, 04:26 PM   #19
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocketime View Post
Costco in Lake Elsinore, CA is offering the PRS-500 for $119.00. They have a picture display of the 500.
really ? has this been confirmed by anyone in person ? that is great news, it means maybe if i just wait for the Cybook Gen4 to come out, a little while later maybe i can get a Gen3 for 1/3 of the price... it would be great if e-ink models started to go down in price a bit, even if only the older models.

how long have the two models been available ?
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008, 06:42 PM   #20
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STGR
500 came out in 10/06, and the 505 in 10/07 ... they seem to like October, for some reason.
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008, 06:51 PM   #21
Patricia
Reader
Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500, PRS-505, Asus EEEpc 4G
Quote:
Originally Posted by NatCh View Post
500 came out in 10/06, and the 505 in 10/07 ... they seem to like October, for some reason.
In time for the Christmas present buying, I expect.
Patricia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008, 07:15 PM   #22
zelda_pinwheel
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NatCh View Post
so the 500 has been out for only about a year and a half, and is already beginning to be strongly discounted. if Cybook makes a Gen4 a year (or so) after they started selling the Gen3 as well, then probably the Gen3 will become available for a lower price, if only on ebay.

of course, this is standard with technology, i was so annoyed that i spent 50€ on a 512mo usb key drive, and then my 1go usb key drive cost me 15€... and don't get me started on the price i paid for my mp3 player...
Old 03-25-2008, 01:08 AM   #23
RobbieClarken
Addict
RobbieClarken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobbieClarken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobbieClarken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobbieClarken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobbieClarken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobbieClarken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobbieClarken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobbieClarken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobbieClarken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobbieClarken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobbieClarken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post
of course, this is standard with technology, i was so annoyed that i spent 50€ on a 512mo usb key drive, and then my 1go usb key drive cost me 15€... and don't get me started on the price i paid for my mp3 player...
A few years ago I spent $150 on a 512 MB SD Card. Nowadays you can get a 1 GB card for $1.50. I don't think you could even spend over $100 on a SD Card anymore.

I sure hope the same trend applies to ebook readers.
RobbieClarken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2008, 10:05 AM   #24
zelda_pinwheel

Quote:
Originally Posted by epiphany View Post
A few years ago I spent $150 on a 512 MB SD Card. Nowadays you can get a 1 GB card for $1.50. I don't think you could even spend over $100 on a SD Card anymore.

I sure hope the same trend applies to ebook readers.
ouch ! but yes, do let's hope the same trend applies to ebook readers...