Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 08-13-2013, 10:43 AM   #1
poohbear_nc
Non-Edible Chicken
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made + Kobo Aura + Nexus7.2!
The New Annotated Sherlock Holmes - As An Ebook?

I have to admit - I am curious about this.

Fans of Sherlock Holmes are probably well acquainted with the two 'Annotated' compilations of the Sherlock Holmes canon: the grand original from William S. Baring-Gould, and the later edition from Leslie S. Klinger -- massive slip-cased volumes loaded with factual, and whimsical, notations throughout, filling the margins on most of the over-sized pages. And tons of illustrations.

Now there is a pre-order available on Amazon for a Kindle edition of the Klinger annotated volume of short stories: http://www.amazon.com/Annotated-Sher...herlock+holmes - for a hefty $25.14 (650 pages). There is no information specific to the ebook version yet on the page.

So, I wonder, how, or if, the annotations will be presented on the pages ....

I'll probably download a sample when it becomes available, but (given the recent spate of TEXT ONLY ebook editions) I don't realistically expect to discover that the annotations have been preserved as such. Maybe as linked footnotes?
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 11:50 AM   #2
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW2, iPad Retina Mini, iPhone 4, MS Surface Pro, Onyx T68, N7,
Interesting - thanks, Pooh. I have the 3-volume Klinger set, and it really is something that can only be done well in printed form with the current state of eBook technology, I think.
HarryT is online now   Reply With Quote