Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 08-07-2013, 01:45 AM   #1
deckoff
deckoff began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
Request: calibre server - bulk get series

I think it might be useful to be able to download all files that belong to a series in Bulk. I will find it very useful for me, cos I use calibre to manage comics, and usually comics that make a whole story count up to 60-70 separate files.
Please, consider my request
deckoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 02:10 AM   #2
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
I would have thought this was a function of the client software - not the server end? How do you envisage it working?
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-08-2013, 01:47 AM   #3
deckoff

The simplest way to access the server is 8080 via http - so what I think might be added is select all option ques all selected books to download to the connected device. This is the way I see it implemented in calibre.
I never thought of it, but you are right - any client software should be able to queue and download all filtered books - can you recommend android app that has this ability at the moment - my current app does not have it.

By the way, I am confident with javascript and know some php, so I can modify the code, I assume there should be way to add this myself. I would appreciate any help (where are the calibre files, used to generate the website, what is the db used and so. Just the basic things - I assume /opt/calibre , mysql , php)
Old 08-11-2013, 04:56 PM   #4
ilovejedd
hopeless n00b
ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4, PW3, Libra H2O, iPad 10.5, iPad 11, iPad 12.9
Calibre Companion allows queued downloads.
ilovejedd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 12:50 AM   #5
deckoff

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovejedd View Post
Calibre Companion allows queued downloads.
Thank you, but this is not what I need - I need "select all and download" I dont want to click through all sixty titles to download them. It is nice I can queue them, though, I use the same software =)
Advert
Old 08-16-2013, 07:28 AM   #6
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by deckoff View Post
I think it might be useful to be able to download all files that belong to a series in Bulk.
I accomplish this using the Firefox extension called DownThemAll!. Simply do a search by series ie. series:"=Foundation" now rightclick and use the extension to download all epub files on the web page.

You can find out how to submit a request for a new feature here.

Last edited by DoctorOhh; 08-16-2013 at 07:37 AM.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 08:42 AM   #7
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
This is not something that can be implemented in calibre, it has to be implemented in whatever client you use to connect to the server.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 12:50 AM   #8
deckoff

What about the standard Web interface that connects to the server? Is it not provided by calibre itself?
I might be getting our all wrong?
Old 08-23-2013, 12:54 AM   #9
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
The web interface cannot provide bulk downloads, that has to be provided by the client software that *renders* the interface, for example a browser.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote