|08-30-2004, 04:21 AM||#1|
Join Date: Aug 2003
Device: Dell Axim
Things Google knows about you
I don't like this... things Google knows about you:
- Everything you search for using Google
- Every web page you visit that has Google Adsense ads on it
- Which country you're in
- Every Blogger page you visit, and the referring page
* If you have an Adsense account
- Your full name, address and bank account details
- The IP address of everyone who visits your pages with Adsense ads on them
- The number of visitors to each of your pages with Adsense ads on them
* If you use a GMail account
- Who you send emails to
- Who sends emails to you
- The contents of those emails
- The contents of all emails received from any mailing lists of which you are a member, even if they are private mailing lists.
* Even if you don't use a GMail account
- The contents of any emails you send to anyone who does use a GMail account
- The contents of any emails you send to any mailing lists of which any one member uses a GMail account
* If you're a member of Orkut
- Your online social network, interests and groups
|08-30-2004, 09:02 AM||#2|
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Sarasota, FL
Device: Nook STR/iPhone 4S/EVO 4G
Hummm. Don't know what to say about this except: flush your cookies frequently. Does anyone know of a Firefox extension that would flush selected cookies daily? I want to leave my NYTimes and Gmail cookies, for example, but wouldn't mind flushing my Google search cookies daily or hourly...
|08-30-2004, 10:04 AM||#3|
Join Date: Mar 2003
Device: Treo 700p, Zodiac2
Everywhere you go and everything you do both online and in your daily life can leave traces and pieces of your personal information behind. As long as you're aware of the traces you leave behind, how to protect yourself, are aware of what the companies do with information and who they do or don't share your information with, I don't find this to be a problem.
I'm personally more concerned with a certain company's operating system and software that have serious security flaws and susceptibility to worms and viruses. I'm more concerned about my personal information being stolen from an e-commerce site I do business with online due to security flaws that would expose their customer's personal information, leading to identity theft and fraud.
Last edited by ballistic; 08-30-2004 at 10:07 AM.
|08-30-2004, 02:58 PM||#4|
Join Date: Aug 2004
Device: T600 w/Repeater iQue 3600
2¢ - "Gmail and Privacy"
"Google also uses this scanning technology to deliver targeted text ads and other related information."
It can be found in the section - "Scanning email content"
Cheers ~ Carl (aka ArcBody)
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|Google CEO Sees No Alternatives to Google Book Search||sforce||News||44||09-23-2009 03:52 PM|
|Sony, Google and Barnes & Noble To Partner For Sales of Google Books [April Fools]||NatCh||News||73||04-07-2009 09:48 AM|
|Google analytics slowing things down||pilotbob||Feedback||17||02-11-2009 12:41 PM|
|Missing features: Gutenberg, Google Books, Google News, open RSS aggregator||Charbax||Amazon Kindle||10||11-22-2007 09:22 PM|
|Google Print becomes Google Book Search||Alexander Turcic||News||0||11-20-2005 10:22 AM|