Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 08-01-2013, 03:42 PM   #1
Wrenie
Wrenie began at the beginning.

Device: Nook HD
Help with Downloading to NookHD

I am about to lose it over this downloading to my nookhd. I have tried and tried and not getting the books over to the nookhd. I have been successful with a few of them but have been trying for days to get the rest of my list transferred. What am I doing wrong? Hope someone can help me....Wrenie
Wrenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 04:06 PM   #2
PeterT
Taking a break; Fed up
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Wife: Touch, Arc, Vox Me: Nexus 7, Glo
Maybe you could describe exactly what IS going wrong when you send books; none of us are mind readers.
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote

Enthusiast
Old 08-01-2013, 04:08 PM   #3
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: HDX 8.9, AuraHD, Nook HD+, Kindle 2,3,T , Opus, Nexus7, iPhone5, etc
What Operating System?

What version of Calibre are you running?

Is the Nook being seen by the computer outside of Calibre?

Is it seen in Calibre?
AnemicOak is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 09:42 PM   #4
jgaiser
Omnivorous
jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire HD, Kindle GDX, Kindle 3, KPW, Nook HD+
If you're running Windows, it should be pretty straight forward.
If you're running Linux, it may take a bit of work.

More information.
jgaiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 05:34 PM   #5
Wrenie

Replys to Your Replys

Thank you all for replying to my question about my nook.
1. When I try to download to my nook hd, some of my wanted books won't download. Nothing happens

2. I have the latest version of Calibre.

3. One of the books I have will only download the cover. I can open it on my computer and in Calibre but it refuses to download the entire book to my nook.

4. I can't seem to change Rar books to the needed epub.

That is the best I can explain it to you. Hope you can help me...Wrenie
Old 08-02-2013, 05:37 PM   #6
Wrenie

I am running Windows 7. The latest version of Calibre. My computer sees my nook but I don't know how to see if Calibre sees my nook. Although, I have been able to download some books.
Old 08-02-2013, 09:34 PM   #7
theducks
Grand Sorcerer
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy Tab 2, Astak Pocket Pro, K4NT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrenie View Post
I am running Windows 7. The latest version of Calibre. My computer sees my nook but I don't know how to see if Calibre sees my nook. Although, I have been able to download some books.
Look at the bottom of Calibre. It will say Device: <device name> detected Or Connected to: <device name>

Last edited by theducks; 08-02-2013 at 09:36 PM. Reason: added alternate
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2013, 01:49 PM   #8
PatNY
Zennist
PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPod Touch, Sony PRS-350, Nook HD+ & HD
Wrenie, AFAIK, when you plug your Nook HD into your computer, it will not show up in Calibre as a device. You will have to manually drag and drop book files into the appropriate directory on your Nook, depending on the android reader you are using.

OR -- you can use an android app such as Calibre Companion (paid) or Calibre Sync (free) to get your books over to your Nook HD. It will connect wirelessly to calibre and let you import books. I use Calibre Companion and it works extremely well. It is very versatile and lets you sort and manage your books on your Nook HD (or any android device) very easily. If you want a free app, check out Calibre Sync.

It is important to know which reader(s) you are using on your Nook HD. Because that will help determine what your options are and the best way to import books. Let us know.

--Pat

Last edited by PatNY; 08-03-2013 at 02:02 PM.
PatNY is offline   Reply With Quote