Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 07-26-2013, 10:24 PM   #1
idraw22
Zealot
idraw22 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.idraw22 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.idraw22 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.idraw22 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.idraw22 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.idraw22 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.idraw22 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.idraw22 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.idraw22 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.idraw22 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.idraw22 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Jetbook Lite, Kindle 3, jetbook mini, sony clie, sony prs-T1
Kindle and cellphones

This is weird! Today while I was waiting for bus, I heard a phone conversation broadcasting thru my K3. I heard one of the ppl redial another number, then another conversation. The only way I could stop it was to turn down the volume for the TTS. I wasn't even using TTS. Has anyone else had this happen, or is it some new feature I overlooked?
idraw22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 10:46 PM   #2
SteveEisenberg
Wizard
SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Keyboard 3G
Quote:
Originally Posted by idraw22 View Post
Has anyone else had this happen, or is it some new feature I overlooked?
Never happenned here. Are you right near a cell tower or repeater?

I'm guessing that AT&T cell phone reception is extremely strong right where you are.

Or do you think those were land line calls you heard

Last edited by SteveEisenberg; 07-26-2013 at 11:05 PM.
SteveEisenberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 04:13 AM   #3
ixtab
(offline)
ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4, K5, KPW, KPW2
Maybe you're using the PRISM edition of the K3?
ixtab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 10:00 AM   #4
Bricorn
Addict
Bricorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bricorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bricorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bricorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bricorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bricorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bricorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bricorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bricorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bricorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bricorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle DXG
OMG, a haunted Kindle.
Bricorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 12:04 AM   #5
sparklemotion
dangerous when cornered
sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H20, PW2, iPad Air, Nexus 7.2
I wish my kindle had this ability.
sparklemotion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 12:09 AM   #6
SouthernSun
Connoisseur
SouthernSun can program the VCR without an owner's manual.SouthernSun can program the VCR without an owner's manual.SouthernSun can program the VCR without an owner's manual.SouthernSun can program the VCR without an owner's manual.SouthernSun can program the VCR without an owner's manual.SouthernSun can program the VCR without an owner's manual.SouthernSun can program the VCR without an owner's manual.SouthernSun can program the VCR without an owner's manual.SouthernSun can program the VCR without an owner's manual.SouthernSun can program the VCR without an owner's manual.SouthernSun can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kindle Keyboard
Hmm, it's not even April 1. You're a bit late for pranks.
SouthernSun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 04:04 AM   #7
idraw22
Zealot
idraw22 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.idraw22 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.idraw22 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.idraw22 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.idraw22 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.idraw22 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.idraw22 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.idraw22 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.idraw22 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.idraw22 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.idraw22 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Jetbook Lite, Kindle 3, jetbook mini, sony clie, sony prs-T1
Hi,

I've had it three years and that's never happened. Maybe someone had a strong signal in the apartment bldg I was near? But the broadcast was very strong. I couldn't do anything with it but turn the vol all the way down and read. Dunno what I cell tower looks like, but maybe that was it... thanx!
idraw22 is offline   Reply With Quote