Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 07-19-2013, 01:04 PM   #46
wodin
Illiterate
wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy Note, Nook HD+
I initially thought that this was just another dotcom startup, but was surprised to see that it's actually Barracuda Networks. I'm much more inclined to trust my non sensitive stuff to one of the big guys.

I signed up using one of the links in this thread, but don’t remember which screen name it was; so whoever Sue W. is, thank you!

One of the things I like about it is that my employer has DropBox blocked to prevent idiots from downloading malware, but not copy.com (yet). I can’t install the desktop client at work, but the web app still works. I suppose it’s only a matter of time before Mordock, the preventer of information discovers it, but until then I’m golden!
wodin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 01:14 PM   #47
silverraven
Fanatic
silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Woo-hoo! It works exactly like I need it to for mom. She needs very very simple, and it is. It's always nice when things just work.
S
silverraven is online now   Reply With Quote

Enthusiast
Old 07-20-2013, 12:29 PM   #48
Dhevi
Connoisseur
Dhevi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dhevi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dhevi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dhevi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dhevi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dhevi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dhevi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dhevi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dhevi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dhevi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dhevi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch, Galaxy S3, Nexus 7.2
After having used GoogleDrive, sticking with Box, and trying out Dropbox, I thank you very much for introducing me to Copy.
Dhevi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 06:44 PM   #49
kyteflyer
Wizard
kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone, iPad3, PRS-650, Kobo Glo,, iPad Mini and a couple of Androids
Quote:
Originally Posted by paola View Post
special thanks and K to kyteflyer for pointing this out, and to anemicoak for showing how to use shortcuts for syncing!

as for the limits, kyteflyer tell us how you are going, as I guess most people, me included, used your link to sign up.

Indeed, glad if anybody feels altruistic enough to sign up using mine
https://copy.com?r=OxXe7U

On the AT&T one: note that the article specifies that it lacks folder sync a la dropbox...
Hope all of you get signups. I'm doing well... better than I ever thought I would. 210GB and rising.
kyteflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 06:48 PM   #50
kyteflyer
Wizard
kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I'd also like to remind those who sign up, you *must* install either the desktop app or a mobile app in order to get that additional 5GB right away (pretty sure it does not prevent referral bonuses, though)
Old 07-21-2013, 06:21 AM   #51
jmilica
Banned
jmilica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jmilica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jmilica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jmilica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jmilica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jmilica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jmilica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jmilica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jmilica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jmilica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jmilica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle KB, Kindle PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyteflyer View Post
I'd also like to remind those who sign up, you *must* install either the desktop app or a mobile app in order to get that additional 5GB right away (pretty sure it does not prevent referral bonuses, though)
I think if people you "referred" don't download app you don't get the bonus.
At least that's what it says in my referral status under "space earned" - either 5GB or "waiting for install".
Not that I am complaining, I think 47GB is quite a lot Thank you all who signed up
jmilica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 08:53 AM   #52
Dhevi
Connoisseur
Dhevi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dhevi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dhevi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dhevi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dhevi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dhevi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dhevi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dhevi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dhevi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dhevi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dhevi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I have found some rather useful information that I thought I would share, though I think it may be old news to some:

Rather than relocating your target Folder(s) to the Copy folder, by creating a Shortcut link to the desired Folder(s) in your Copy folder, you can sync that folder for uploading.

Where my Calibre DB is located at I:/eBooks/Calibre, I have a shortcut Calibre.lnk in my Copy folder at J:/Copy and voila, my entire Calibre DB is sync'ed online.

Hope this helps or is useful to some.

Edit:
If anyone is still looking to sign up, here's my referral link to get you 20GB and me 5GB: https://copy.com?r=YIja8d

Last edited by Dhevi; 07-21-2013 at 08:54 AM. Reason: Added referral link
Old 07-21-2013, 11:22 AM   #53
jmilica
Banned
jmilica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jmilica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jmilica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jmilica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jmilica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jmilica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jmilica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jmilica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jmilica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jmilica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jmilica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Yes, instruction for both Windows and Mac is in this thread in post #6 by AnemicOak
Old 07-21-2013, 12:15 PM   #54
Dhevi
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmilica View Post
Yes, instruction for both Windows and Mac is in this thread in post #6 by AnemicOak
Haha. I am such a goof. In my glee over this particular function, I must have glanced over the post. Thanks for pointing it out!
Old 07-21-2013, 01:14 PM   #55
jmilica
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dhevi View Post
Haha. I am such a goof. In my glee over this particular function, I must have glanced over the post. Thanks for pointing it out!
No problem at all, happens to me often. Just quoted it again if anyone is using Mac, since it was useful post for me too
Old 07-21-2013, 03:35 PM   #56
kyteflyer
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmilica View Post
I think if people you "referred" don't download app you don't get the bonus.
At least that's what it says in my referral status under "space earned" - either 5GB or "waiting for install".
Not that I am complaining, I think 47GB is quite a lot Thank you all who signed up

Yes, thats right. The 5GB bonus for *both* people requires the install of an app. It doesnt matter which, as long as you get one, install, and sign in.
Old 07-21-2013, 07:15 PM   #57
Blossom
Grand Sorcerer
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW/K4B/K4S/K3+3G KF1/KFHD2/N7.2/SGP 4.2 SGP 5.0/LG Vortex
I've been using Copy for a couple months now. It's right up there with Dropbox. Unlike Box which is a complete nightmare Copy to me is like a Dropbox Clone.
It's exactly what I needed as I was running out of space!

I feel Dropbox has finally got some decent competition.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 07:26 PM   #58
Blossom
Grand Sorcerer
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnemicOak View Post
IIRC you can make a shortcut and put that in the Copy folder and it'll grab the files so you don't have to move anything.

EDIT: Here's what I had read on their suppot pages...
I didn't know this! It's going to make things alot easier. I just created a regular shortcut to the folder and it's uploading it now. This is a great feature.
Old 07-21-2013, 08:32 PM   #59
Dhevi
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
I didn't know this! It's going to make things alot easier. I just created a regular shortcut to the folder and it's uploading it now. This is a great feature.
It quite honestly was the cherry on top of my ice cream sundae. Would be nice if individual files, could perhaps be done the same way, but not a deal breaker in the least. My entire calibre library backed up online and easily accessible. Loving it. One item I would suggest for additional sorting methods for the browser on the app/web browser, but not a pressing issue for me.
Old 07-21-2013, 09:44 PM   #60
Blossom
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dhevi View Post
It quite honestly was the cherry on top of my ice cream sundae. Would be nice if individual files, could perhaps be done the same way, but not a deal breaker in the least. My entire calibre library backed up online and easily accessible. Loving it. One item I would suggest for additional sorting methods for the browser on the app/web browser, but not a pressing issue for me.
I am currently uploading my Calibre Library to Copy now I know I don't need two copies on my hard drive! A little slower than DB but not where as slow as Box.

I haven't yep played with the app. I need to do that!