Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 07-10-2013, 03:59 PM   #1
deva1984
deva1984 began at the beginning.

Device: kindle touch
add two pdf instances for one book

Hi, my question here is there any way i can add two pdfs for one book in calibre? I need one for PC and one for kindle.
Conversion is not a plausible option. The book is a graphic novel. The outputs I've got sofar are quite unreadable
deva1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 05:43 PM   #2
BetterRed
null operator
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
@deva1984 - This is what I do for that sort of situation, I prefer having all versions of the same 'book' together
  • Add the book using the best for kindle PDF, get the title and author as you want them
  • Rename the best for PC version as <whatever>.pdfpc, associate pdfpc with your desktop/laptop PDF reader, add this file to the book created above via Add Books->Add files to selected book records
There may be calibre functions you can't perform on the pdfpc file such as send to device and convert, but that doesn't seem like it will a problem for you

Suggest you try it out on a test library to see what it feels like

BR

Last edited by BetterRed; 07-10-2013 at 10:15 PM.
BetterRed is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 04:06 AM   #3
deva1984
deva1984 began at the beginning.

Device: kindle touch
That is a smart workaround indeed. I've tried it yesterday and it worked perfectly. Thank you BR.
deva1984 is offline   Reply With Quote