Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 07-06-2013, 05:21 PM   #1
galvatron20
galvatron20 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
keyboard crash/boot

Hi there all. I've got a Kindle Keyboard, which I've had for around 18 months. It's worked fine in all that time and I've had no issues. I've only had a small amount of books on this. In the last 48 hours it updated itself to 3.4 since then it's started to crash all the time. Sometimes it won't even turn a page.

I have done the old restart and after this it freezes instantly on the 'home' page.

After this I deleted all the books, still the same.

I then did a restore to factory settings and it's still the same (but still says it's 3.4)

Can anyone help or suggest anything?

Thanks, Galvatron.
galvatron20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 06:32 PM   #2
pidgeon92
Wizard
pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2, Kindle Voyage, Kindle DXG, Boox M90, Kobo Aura HD
Did you jailbreak or hack the Kindle?
pidgeon92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-06-2013, 06:44 PM   #3
galvatron20

Quote:
Originally Posted by pidgeon92 View Post
Did you jailbreak or hack the Kindle?

No, I've never altered anything at all on it.
Old 07-07-2013, 03:18 AM   #4
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
I'd suggest contacting Kindle CS.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 05:08 AM   #5
galvatron20

Won't they just suggest I buy a new one as it's well past its guarantee date.

Is there no way to roll back the firmware to its original version?
Advert
Old 07-07-2013, 05:19 AM   #6
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Kindle CS are extremely helpful - you have absolutely nothing to lose by speaking to them. They may very well be able to solve your problem.

You'd need to ask about rolling back the firmware in the "Developer's Corner" sub-forum.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote