Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 01-14-2015, 09:43 PM   #1
shagguar
shagguar began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura
Question ClockworkMod Recovery - CWM for Onyx?

Just that. Is out there a CWM for Onyx Boox devices? Mine is C67ML.
shagguar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2015, 08:35 AM   #2
japinder
jp
japinder can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterjapinder can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterjapinder can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterjapinder can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterjapinder can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterjapinder can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterjapinder can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterjapinder can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterjapinder can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterjapinder can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterjapinder can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Device: Onyx Boox M96, Acer Iconia A500
I haven't come across any, for any Android based Onyx device.

On my M96 we have a pretty basic recovery, which does the job of flashing a ROM.

We don't have any custom ROM's or custom recoveries to play around with.

Jp
japinder is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement
Old 01-18-2015, 10:48 AM   #3
shagguar

Quote:
Originally Posted by japinder View Post
I haven't come across any, for any Android based Onyx device.

On my M96 we have a pretty basic recovery, which does the job of flashing a ROM.

We don't have any custom ROM's or custom recoveries to play around with.

Jp
I asked for CWM because as far i know it's the only recovery that lets you full backup and restore of the ROM's actual state.
Old 01-20-2015, 09:17 AM   #4
japinder
jp
japinder can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterjapinder can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterjapinder can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterjapinder can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterjapinder can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterjapinder can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterjapinder can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterjapinder can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterjapinder can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterjapinder can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterjapinder can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Quote:
Originally Posted by shagguar View Post
I asked for CWM because as far i know it's the only recovery that lets you full backup and restore of the ROM's actual state.
Yes, I understand, but the e-readers are a niche product, with those being android based being an even lesser percentage, so there isn't much interest in developing alternate ROM's or recoveries for them.

Jp
Old 05-17-2015, 05:09 AM   #5
fAX
fAX began at the beginning.

Device: iRex DR800sg
Cool It would be still helpful

I'm currently stuck with a half-bricked device, since I'm getting 'Signature verification failed' or 'Whole-file signature failed' no matter what I do on my M96. CWM, at least, allows to turn the verification off...
fAX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2015, 09:49 AM   #6
japinder
jp

Quote:
Originally Posted by fAX View Post
I'm currently stuck with a half-bricked device, since I'm getting 'Signature verification failed' or 'Whole-file signature failed' no matter what I do on my M96. CWM, at least, allows to turn the verification off...
You could try the flashtool to recover it/forcefully install the required version. Here's Booxstor's link to the flash tool:

http://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...8&postcount=44

Jp
Old 05-20-2015, 12:22 AM   #7
shagguar

Quote:
Originally Posted by japinder View Post
You could try the flashtool to recover it/forcefully install the required version. Here's Booxstor's link to the flash tool:

http://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...8&postcount=44

Jp
Link is dead