Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 06-13-2014, 04:15 PM   #1246
Jellby
frumious Bandersnatch
Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Orizon, Kobo Aura
I have my books in separate directories according to the first letter of the author's name. The file manager shows something like:

I
J
M
K
L

Why is M between J and K? The sorting seems alphabetic otherwise.
Jellby is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2014, 02:50 AM   #1247
roger64
Wizard
roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KoboGlo
French hyphenation

I am a new Koreader user.

The user can select between two options, that is @algorithm or @none to provide hyphenation or not. However, the former end result is only so-so with French language. Too many words are cut in the wrong places and this disrupts the reading flow.

Opening Koreader, I can see in /data/hyph/ some .pdb files which contain, at least for French, scant information. A sophisticated Greek.pattern file exists.

On Kobo last year, I experimented a massive improvement in hyphenation installing a hyph_fr.dic file of 26 ko. Could these kind of files be used with Koreader?
Attached Files
File Type: zip hyph_fr.dic.zip (8.4 KB, 18 views)

Last edited by roger64; 06-15-2014 at 06:41 AM.
roger64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2014, 04:16 AM   #1248
WS64
WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura / Bookeen Frontlight / Kobo Mini / Kindle 3 / Nook Color
@Jellby, I have the same directories, and on my Kobo it is alphabetically...

@roger, even the English hyphenation is pretty bad...
WS64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2014, 06:20 AM   #1249
Markismus
Disjunctive Undecidedness
Markismus has top level security clearance to Area 51.Markismus has top level security clearance to Area 51.Markismus has top level security clearance to Area 51.Markismus has top level security clearance to Area 51.Markismus has top level security clearance to Area 51.Markismus has top level security clearance to Area 51.Markismus has top level security clearance to Area 51.Markismus has top level security clearance to Area 51.Markismus has top level security clearance to Area 51.Markismus has top level security clearance to Area 51.Markismus has top level security clearance to Area 51.

Device: Cracked Kobo Aura HD, Cracked Kobo Aura, Kobo Aura H2O
@roger&@WS64 I saw that chrox fixed a typo for path to the hyphenation files. The change is in the latest nightly. I now see three(!) pages of possible hyphenation patterns.

When I look in the directory koreader/data/hyph I find two types of files: pdb and pattern.

The pdb-files are binaries and google seems to indicate that they are old palm-formatted files used by the coolreader engine. No idea whether they also work for pdf- and dvju-files, nor whether they work for scanned pictures of text.

There is one pattern-file for Greek and that is a text file! However it's a different format from Roger's French hyphenation file. I have no idea whether simply enclosing each line in <pattern></pattern> would work.

Greek.pattern:
Code:
<pattern>ε2ύ</pattern>
  <pattern>ε2ύ</pattern>
  <pattern>ε2ὺ</pattern>
  <pattern>ε2ῦ</pattern>
Roger's hyph_fr.dic
Code:
.ab1rť
'ab1rť
.ab3rťa
'ab3rťa
ab1se
Markismus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014, 02:06 PM   #1250
Ken Maltby
Wizard
Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: JetBook Lite, AuraHD, PDA, Eee Transformer
The Screenshots are PAM files? How are we supposed to use them? Even GIMP 2.8 isn't taking them.

Luck;
Ken
Ken Maltby is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014, 02:34 PM   #1251
WS64
WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

@Ken: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PAM_graphics_format
I can even do it with a GnuWin32 package under Windows, but it needs two steps, PAM to PNM, then PNM to PNG
Old 06-19-2014, 02:38 PM   #1252
WS64

Did anyone find out how to change the default font family?
I guess it is somewhere in .koreader/data/cr3.ini, but nothing I changed there worked. May also be that my preferred font needs to be put intoquotation marks since the name has some blanks in it, but I am not sure...
Old 06-19-2014, 03:03 PM   #1253
Markismus
Markismus has top level security clearance to Area 51.Markismus has top level security clearance to Area 51.Markismus has top level security clearance to Area 51.Markismus has top level security clearance to Area 51.Markismus has top level security clearance to Area 51.Markismus has top level security clearance to Area 51.Markismus has top level security clearance to Area 51.Markismus has top level security clearance to Area 51.Markismus has top level security clearance to Area 51.Markismus has top level security clearance to Area 51.Markismus has top level security clearance to Area 51.

PAM files are easily converted with ImageMagick both for linux and Windows. Just click to open and save to whatever you fancy. There is also a command line option for those who like scripting.

Last edited by Markismus; 06-19-2014 at 05:16 PM.
Old 06-19-2014, 03:47 PM   #1254
trekk
Groupie
trekk solves Fermatís last theorem while doing the crossword.trekk solves Fermatís last theorem while doing the crossword.trekk solves Fermatís last theorem while doing the crossword.trekk solves Fermatís last theorem while doing the crossword.trekk solves Fermatís last theorem while doing the crossword.trekk solves Fermatís last theorem while doing the crossword.trekk solves Fermatís last theorem while doing the crossword.trekk solves Fermatís last theorem while doing the crossword.trekk solves Fermatís last theorem while doing the crossword.trekk solves Fermatís last theorem while doing the crossword.trekk solves Fermatís last theorem while doing the crossword.

Device: Pocketbook 602, Kobo Aura + Aura HD, a lot of kindle devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by WS64 View Post
Did anyone find out how to change the default font family?
Please look at .kobo/koreader/frontend/document/credocument.lua.

Search for this line

Code:
default_font = G_reader_settings:readSetting("cre_font") or "FreeSerif"
Change FreeSerif to your preferred font. This will be the default font every new book opens with. Be sure to use the correct font name.
trekk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014, 04:02 PM   #1255
WS64

Thanks trekk, I tried that too, but it did not work. Not sure if the blanks in the font name is the problem ("Charis SIL Modified"), the font name is actually then written into the history file of the book. But it is not displayed unitl I change to another font and then back to "Charis SIL Modified".
Same goes for books I had set to "Charis SIL Modified" already, when I leave Koreader and come back I will just get Freeserif and have to change fonts two times again.
Old 06-19-2014, 05:15 PM   #1256
Markismus

Quote:
Thanks trekk, I tried that too, but it did not work. Not sure if the blanks in the font name is the problem ("Charis SIL Modified"), the font name is actually then written into the history file of the book. But it is not displayed unitl I change to another font and then back to "Charis SIL Modified".
Same goes for books I had set to "Charis SIL Modified" already, when I leave Koreader and come back I will just get Freeserif and have to change fonts two times again.
You could edit the fontname with a font-editor such as font-forge and change the spaces with underscores. If it works that would specify the problem.

Did my suggestion on github help?
Old 06-19-2014, 05:48 PM   #1257
WS64

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markismus View Post
You could edit the fontname with a font-editor such as font-forge and change the spaces with underscores. If it works that would specify the problem.

Did my suggestion on github help?
Nope, did not work.
I even renamed my font to FreeSans (like you said with a font-editor, not just renaming the file), but not even that changed anything.
Btw, the font I am trying with is this one here: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/.../CharisSIL.zip
Old 06-19-2014, 05:55 PM   #1258
trekk
Groupie
trekk solves Fermatís last theorem while doing the crossword.trekk solves Fermatís last theorem while doing the crossword.trekk solves Fermatís last theorem while doing the crossword.trekk solves Fermatís last theorem while doing the crossword.trekk solves Fermatís last theorem while doing the crossword.trekk solves Fermatís last theorem while doing the crossword.trekk solves Fermatís last theorem while doing the crossword.trekk solves Fermatís last theorem while doing the crossword.trekk solves Fermatís last theorem while doing the crossword.trekk solves Fermatís last theorem while doing the crossword.trekk solves Fermatís last theorem while doing the crossword.

Device: Pocketbook 602, Kobo Aura + Aura HD, a lot of kindle devices
Quote:
Thanks trekk, I tried that too, but it did not work. Not sure if the blanks in the font name is the problem ("Charis SIL Modified"), the font name is actually then written into the history file of the book.
Sorry it didn't work for you. I tried this with the font "Bitter" and it works fine on my Aura. To rule out the problem lies in the font Charis SIL Modified, you might check my previous suggestion with another font than Charis.

Edit: Well, I downloaded your font and set it as default. But even after rebooting the device my previous default font Bitter shows up in every new book. Now I'm confused...

Edit 2: Next I tried to use "Interstate" as default. This worked like a charm. So I guess, Charis is the problem.

Last edited by trekk; 06-19-2014 at 06:28 PM.
trekk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2014, 04:44 AM   #1259
WS64

Thanks again, trekk, I actually just tried this one font.
Now I tried others, and they work!
Old 06-24-2014, 12:50 AM   #1260
ipse
Enthusiast
ipse loves his/her reader more than momipse loves his/her reader more than momipse loves his/her reader more than momipse loves his/her reader more than momipse loves his/her reader more than momipse loves his/her reader more than momipse loves his/her reader more than momipse loves his/her reader more than momipse loves his/her reader more than momipse loves his/her reader more than momipse loves his/her reader more than mom

Device: Kobo Aura, Arc 10HD
I updated to 229 to fix the Aura top/bottom missing pixels and I noticed that when I re-enter KOreader both mini and full progress bars show up. If I select full, it sets it correctly, but only until the first exit. Mini seems persistent.
Did I screw something up? I should mention I just copied the folder over, allowing for file overwrite.
Maybe it was always like this, I just couldn't see it until now

Last edited by ipse; 06-24-2014 at 01:00 AM.
ipse is offline   Reply With Quote