Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 07-19-2014, 07:34 AM   #1
davej63
davej63 began at the beginning.

Device: AuraHD
Need SD Image

First post - have been lurking here a long time. I have been suffering with wifi connectivity issues on my AuraHD for a long time and decided to do the factory restore.

Tried "Device Information:Factory Reset" - it appears to reset but the device comes back fully intact with all books and settings as before.

Tried holding down the light and restarting from poweroff - appears to reset but the device comes back fully intact.

Tried to sign out of the kobo account - it appears to be signing out but comes back with the account still signed in.

I think i the next step is to restore the factory default SD image - HELP!
davej63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2014, 07:51 AM   #2
meeera
Wizard
meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H2O, iPad MiniRet, MBP;support AuraHD,Kindle,2xKobo Glos
Is it still under warranty? I think some people have had their HDs replaced for wifi connectivity issues. Opening it up will void the warranty if it's still in force.
meeera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2014, 07:52 AM   #3
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: Touch, Glo, Aura H2O, Glo HD
That's very unusual. Someone has reported a similar problem in the pat, but, I don't remember the solution. I have sent you a PM with a link to an image for the AuraHD. I would suggest restoring it to a different micro SD card. That way you can go back if there is a problem. And the problem might be the card.
davidfor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2014, 07:57 AM   #4
davej63

unfortunately I picked it up on the first day so is out of warranty since April.

Apart from the wifi issue the screen is great and it works well so i think its software. I have received a PM from down under and will attempt to restore the SD image.

Thanks!
Old 07-19-2014, 09:33 AM   #5
meeera
Wizard
meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H2O, iPad MiniRet, MBP;support AuraHD,Kindle,2xKobo Glos
Good luck!
meeera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2014, 01:33 PM   #6
davej63

This forum is awesome!

I cloned the image to a larger SD card (only one i could get) - I updated the SN to match the original and did a factory reset, loaded the 3.5.0 firmware and all is good i am back up and running and WIFI is working perfectly!!

!

Toughest part was prying the back off, but using some plastic tools for prying left over from an iphone battery upgrade it came off without incident.

Thanks again!
Old 07-19-2014, 09:21 PM   #7
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Good to hear. As you used a bigger card, did resize the user partition to fill the card? If you haven't, there are some instructions for doing this without opening the device again. There should be a link in the tweaks/hacks/mods thread.
Old 07-20-2014, 03:06 PM   #8
HaoZeke
HaoZeke began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura HD
Help, please

I mistakenly formatted my internal SD via gparted. Any aid would be appreciated greatly. I'm sorry if its the wrong forum, but I need the internal sd image too I guess.
I have/had (dunno what'll happen) a kobo aura hd.
HaoZeke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2014, 08:05 PM   #9
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

PM sent
Old 12-28-2014, 02:28 PM   #10
lehachuev
lehachuev began at the beginning.

my internal sd almost dead, get errors everyday. i need a sd image. help please. kobo aura hd.
sorry for my poor english
lehachuev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2014, 08:26 PM   #11
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

PM sent
Old 01-01-2015, 01:39 AM   #12
keytothetime
keytothetime began at the beginning.

Could you send me the link for this image, please?
keytothetime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2015, 04:58 AM   #13
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

PM Sent
Old 01-07-2015, 06:26 AM   #14
Pokerdas
Pokerdas began at the beginning.

Device: Aura HD
I think I need too a link for this image please.
And probably instructions to transfer it on the internal SD card.

Here is a brief description of my problem:
Some vertical lines (about half the size of the screen long) have suddenly appeared on my reader on a blank page. The reader is frozen too. (and of course the reader was not damaged by a fall or a hit or anything)
I tried a factory reset without success. As I saw on a forum that unplugging the battery could help, I dismantled the reader and did it, but still no visible effect on the device.

My last hope could be to rewrite the SD card with a factory image using my Windows laptop.

I would be grateful for any advice and help
Pokerdas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2015, 04:17 PM   #15
rgeorge
rgeorge began at the beginning.

Device: aura hd
i, as well, would be very thankful for an aura hd image

i accidentally formatted mine away and hope to revive my kobo by installing a working image on the sd card

any helb is appreciated!
-richard
rgeorge is offline   Reply With Quote