Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 07-29-2014, 06:30 PM   #1
Lucas Malor
Pain in the arse
Lucas Malor can shake the floor when laughingLucas Malor can shake the floor when laughingLucas Malor can shake the floor when laughingLucas Malor can shake the floor when laughingLucas Malor can shake the floor when laughingLucas Malor can shake the floor when laughingLucas Malor can shake the floor when laughingLucas Malor can shake the floor when laughingLucas Malor can shake the floor when laughingLucas Malor can shake the floor when laughingLucas Malor can shake the floor when laughing

Device: Kobo Glo, Kindle 4
Python 3 (and Cython) on Kobo

Since I'm using python for creating a little program for kobo, I'll post here this package, for anyone interested.

It contains the python 3.4.1 libraries and the interpreter. This make the package very small (~6 Mb).
The package contains also a simple "Hello world" executable, created using Cython. If you don't know Cython, it's a Python "dialect" that allow you to use static typing and compilation. It could speed up your Python code a lot. To test it, you have to telnet your kobo and launch "python3 hello.py".

Not all modules are included, since the size is too much for our poor little Kobo. If you want to use additional modules, you have only to copy them to /usr/local/lib/python3.4 . I suggest you to copy .pyc files only, to save space.
Attached Files
File Type: zip python_3.4.1_kobo.zip (2.62 MB, 4 views)

Last edited by Lucas Malor; Yesterday at 08:26 PM.
Lucas Malor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 08:30 PM   #2
Lucas Malor
Pain in the arse
Lucas Malor can shake the floor when laughingLucas Malor can shake the floor when laughingLucas Malor can shake the floor when laughingLucas Malor can shake the floor when laughingLucas Malor can shake the floor when laughingLucas Malor can shake the floor when laughingLucas Malor can shake the floor when laughingLucas Malor can shake the floor when laughingLucas Malor can shake the floor when laughingLucas Malor can shake the floor when laughingLucas Malor can shake the floor when laughing

Device: Kobo Glo, Kindle 4
I updated the package, I added also the interpreter. Maybe it's more useful to be able to create a python script and launch it with the usual "python3 script.py", I suppose.
Lucas Malor is offline   Reply With Quote

Enthusiast