Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 07-15-2013, 03:44 AM   #61
Rev. Bob
Guru
Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo, Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravensknight View Post
Doesn't the ipad have to use the app version? I know on my tablet I have used the android app, and you're right, it is not cool at all.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NickyWithNook View Post
I use an iPad and I just use the website. I don't like the app at all.
I use both, depending on what I'm doing. For instance, I dearly love the app's scan-to-add feature, which I use both to put books in my collection and to mark that I've packed a book away in storage. However, I like the site's ability to manually select/change a specific edition for my ebooks, plus that's the best way to add/edit an edition or a series. (I'm also a GR librarian.)

I wind up using the app to add books and mark my reading progress, and the site to handle finer tweaks. Yes, I wish it were easier to do everything from either interface, but reality is generally suboptimal.
Rev. Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 10:15 PM   #62
SeaBookGuy
Can one read too much?
SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 650
I almost always put some text, even if the "review" is basically: "Not great, but passes the time okay."
SeaBookGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 06:57 PM   #63
mxjones
mxjones began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Question about goodreads friends

Do I have to click on a friend to see what they are reading, or do I get automatically notified? Say I read a book, and then a friend reads it...will I automatically see that or would I have to go to their profile and look? Thanks!
mxjones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 11:46 PM   #64
Joykins
Wizard
Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: nook, kindle 4 NT, kindle PW2, iPhone
Quote:
Originally Posted by mxjones View Post
Do I have to click on a friend to see what they are reading, or do I get automatically notified? Say I read a book, and then a friend reads it...will I automatically see that or would I have to go to their profile and look? Thanks!
There's a feed that operates kind of like facebook so if you happen to be on at the right time (i.e. soon after your friend updates their reading status) you will see what your friend is currently reading. If not, you can go to their profile and hit "compare books" and it will show what books you and your friend have BOTH read or plan to read and how you rated each book. You can also browse their shelves.
Joykins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 12:32 AM   #65
Rev. Bob
Guru
Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo, Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joykins View Post
There's a feed that operates kind of like facebook so if you happen to be on at the right time (i.e. soon after your friend updates their reading status) you will see what your friend is currently reading.
In addition, you can control what sort of information goes out on your feed, and where that gets shared. For instance, I have my reading progress updates set to post to Twitter, but not my added-a-book or rated-a-book updates.
Rev. Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 10:46 AM   #66
Joykins
Wizard
Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: nook, kindle 4 NT, kindle PW2, iPhone
That's right; I used to use GoodReads to send selected reviews to my blog (my review blog was for one genre only).
Joykins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 11:00 AM   #67
Mel-
Mel- can illuminate an eclipseMel- can illuminate an eclipseMel- can illuminate an eclipseMel- can illuminate an eclipseMel- can illuminate an eclipseMel- can illuminate an eclipseMel- can illuminate an eclipseMel- can illuminate an eclipseMel- can illuminate an eclipseMel- can illuminate an eclipseMel- can illuminate an eclipse

Device: Kobo Glo
I spend way too much time of Goodreads. It's really an addiction, but I love browsing listopia, seeing reviews from friends and I'm always on the hunt to add new books to my ever-growing-list. It's also fun to see how everyone is doing with their Goodreads challenge. And I post my reviews there.
Mel- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 01:16 AM   #68
applesauce
Addict
applesauce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.applesauce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.applesauce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.applesauce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.applesauce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.applesauce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.applesauce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.applesauce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.applesauce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.applesauce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.applesauce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle paperwhite
I love goodreads. I use it to keep track of what I read, and to find new authors. I have all my books in calibre, and enter books I plan to read within 2 or 3 months into goodreads. I rate all books I read, but am pretty slack at actual reviews. If i am sitting watching tv I try to enter books I have read years ago. But that is a huge job LOL.
I love the bookclubs on good reads as I have very specific tastes in books so a normal bookclub just doesn't work for me. I would log into goodgreads at least 2 or 3 times a week. More often if I am unwell and unable to read, like today. I always do the web while watching tv. I agree it took a while to work things out, but people from here helped me a lot learn some of the great features. Here and goodreads are my go to book places these days.

applesauce
applesauce is offline   Reply With Quote