Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 06-23-2013, 07:01 AM   #1
naval
naval began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS T2
Show actual book info when clicking "book info"

Hi all,

when I am browsing through my book collection it is possible to long click a title. There is a menu then that reads "book info".

When I click this item I get the following book information:
- publisher
- format (e.g. "EPUB")
- date
- size (in KB)
- location (e.g. "SD Card")
- path

What I am really interested in though is the metainformation that I have saved to any book (at least in calibre), in most cases a short description of the book.

Is there a way to show this descriptive information in the reader?
naval is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 07:21 AM   #2
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
No. What you can do in Calibre, however, is to add a "metadata jacket" to the book. This is an additional information page that Calibre inserts at the start of the book which summarises all the metadata for that book.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-28-2013, 09:06 AM   #3
bigjaba
bigjaba began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-T2
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
No. What you can do in Calibre, however, is to add a "metadata jacket" to the book. This is an additional information page that Calibre inserts at the start of the book which summarises all the metadata for that book.
Very interesting...how do you perform this addition of a "metadata jacket"?
bigjaba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 09:29 AM   #4
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Check the "Insert Metadata as page at start of book" box on the "Structure Detection" page of the conversion options.

... but honestly, you're just as capable of looking through the conversion options as I am.

Last edited by HarryT; 06-28-2013 at 09:39 AM.
Old 06-28-2013, 09:45 AM   #5
soulfuldog
I ♥ Calibre
soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Voyage, Sony PRS-350, Hudl2
And you'll have to re-convert your books again (just to an epub to epub conversion) after you've done the step HarryT has just mentioned.
soulfuldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-28-2013, 09:50 AM   #6
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by l_macd View Post
And you'll have to re-convert your books again (just to an epub to epub conversion) after you've done the step HarryT has just mentioned.
No, you can also do it with the "Polish Books" tool. That's much easier if you want to do it for a lot of books. Select them all, select "Polish" and check the "Insert metadata..." option.
Old 06-28-2013, 04:24 PM   #7
soulfuldog
I ♥ Calibre
soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Voyage, Sony PRS-350, Hudl2
I'll need to try and remember that in future, thanks very much for that info! With my rotten memory the ability to insert the metadata in the book is one of my favourite features in Calibre.
soulfuldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 10:49 AM   #8
naval
naval began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS T2
Thanks for the help!
naval is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
book info, metadata, prs