Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Which one should I buy?

Notices

Old 06-23-2013, 06:27 AM   #1
Malletta
Malletta began at the beginning.

Device: Sony T1
Question Replacing Sony T1, some requirements

Hi! My Sony prs-t1 got a knock, and now it's very unstable and sluggish, with strange refresh appearance. So I'm looking for a substitute. Here my requirements:
1. Dictionaries: I must use an English-Italian dictionary, an English dictionary and even, if possibile, an Italian dictionary (like Devoto-Oli on Kobo). So my new reader has to let me change/personalize dictionaries. Just for know, can the pocketbook (exactily the Touch Lux model, which will come by days in Italy) do this? They use star-dict dictionaries?
2. Pdf reflow, pdf cropping, 2 or 3 columns view, landscape, just like sony prs-t1.
3. A decent browser to surf on simply text webpage.
I'd appreciate a reader bigger, 7 o 8 inches, but I know Kobo aura doesn't support reflow. Should I wait until new models come out? I hope in new Sony, hopening it will be a bit larger like 950 one.
Thanks! (And please show me mercy for my English.)
Malletta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 04:01 PM   #2
Rbneader
Addict
Rbneader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rbneader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rbneader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rbneader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rbneader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rbneader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rbneader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rbneader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rbneader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rbneader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rbneader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: None
You might want to wait. People are saying that new models will probably be coming out this fall.

What have you tried to fix your T1? There might be someone in the Sony forums here who can help you fix it.
Rbneader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 07:47 AM   #3
jbcohen
Wizard
jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 5 Paperwhite and a Simple touch Nook
What might be useful, if you have an electronics store in your local area, is to compare side to side a Nook, Kindle and Kobo. Always compare one to the latest Sony, since that is the devil you know. Compare a Nook Simple touch to the Sony then maybe a Kindle to the Sony.
jbcohen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 07:14 PM   #4
Rizla
Wizard
Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-650 / Cybook Opus / Nook STR (rooted)
For international bilingual dictionaries and pdf re-flow, I think Sony is your only choice. The new Sony T3 should be released August / September. If you can wait, I suggest you do so. Alternatively, you could look for a cheap used / refurb T1 or T2 via Ebay. If you get the T3 later, then you will have a cheap back-up.
Rizla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 05:27 AM   #5
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW2, iPad Retina Mini, iPhone 4, MS Surface Pro, Kobo H2O, N7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rizla View Post
For international bilingual dictionaries and pdf re-flow, I think Sony is your only choice. The new Sony T3 should be released August / September. If you can wait, I suggest you do so. Alternatively, you could look for a cheap used / refurb T1 or T2 via Ebay. If you get the T3 later, then you will have a cheap back-up.
The Sony doesn't let you add new dictionaries, which appears to be one of the OP's requirements.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote