Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 06-19-2013, 06:19 PM   #1
MR. Pockets
Addict
MR. Pockets has a spectacular aura aboutMR. Pockets has a spectacular aura aboutMR. Pockets has a spectacular aura aboutMR. Pockets has a spectacular aura aboutMR. Pockets has a spectacular aura aboutMR. Pockets has a spectacular aura aboutMR. Pockets has a spectacular aura aboutMR. Pockets has a spectacular aura aboutMR. Pockets has a spectacular aura aboutMR. Pockets has a spectacular aura aboutMR. Pockets has a spectacular aura about

Device: Kobo Touch, Aluratek Libre Pro, Sharper Image Literati
Kobo Mini dropped to $40 in Kobo Webstore

I just noticed that the Mini has been marked down to $39.99 until the 18th in the online Kobo store.
MR. Pockets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 02:20 PM   #2
teija
Groupie
teija ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teija ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teija ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teija ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teija ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teija ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teija ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teija ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teija ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teija ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teija ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Mini, Kobo Arc, Sony PRS-350 & PRS-650
Excellent...yes, it looks like it has been dropped across most retailers up here in Canada. They must be trying to push it before the next models come out. I wonder if they'll bring out a new Mini 5"... A Mini Glo, perhaps?
teija is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement
Old 06-24-2013, 02:27 PM   #3
booklover6
Wizard
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura, HD, Glo, Mini
Kobo will assimilate everyone with that price!

If I didn't already have a Mini, I'd order one ASAP.

A Mini Glo....sign me up. I know I'd be tempted.
booklover6 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 04:58 PM   #4
paola
Wizard
paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Pro 903, (beloved Pocketbook 360 RIP), Kobo Mini, Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by booklover6 View Post
A Mini Glo....sign me up. I know I'd be tempted.
I think there is a whole crowd lined up for that one already
paola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 05:49 PM   #5
Terisa de morgan
Wizard
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura, Kobo Mini, iPhone, iPad, Galaxy Tab3 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by paola View Post
I think there is a whole crowd lined up for that one already
Count me in
Terisa de morgan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 08:18 PM   #6
mystika1
Addict
mystika1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mystika1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mystika1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mystika1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mystika1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mystika1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mystika1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mystika1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mystika1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mystika1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mystika1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aztak EZReader, Nook HD+, Kobo Glo, Kindle PW2
Yes....I am part of that crowd. I would be a happy person if they made a mini glo. I would be so happy that I think I would buy 5. One for me and the rest to give as Christmas gifts later.

Penny
mystika1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 11:24 AM   #7
delph
Connoisseur
delph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, Kobo Mini, Nexus 7, Kobo Glo (RIP), Nook STG(ex)
Now I am torn between caving and getting a Mini to always have on hand, or waiting and seeing if a Mini Glo comes out.
delph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 11:59 AM   #8
booklover6
Wizard
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I would get one....and sell it when the lighted comes out. What if it doesn't? This is their budget model, so they might not. Though I think they would sell a ton, if they did.
Old 06-25-2013, 02:45 PM   #9
teija
Groupie
teija ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teija ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teija ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teija ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teija ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teija ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teija ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teija ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teija ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teija ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teija ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Mini, Kobo Arc, Sony PRS-350 & PRS-650
If they DO release a Glo Mini, I don't think it will be at the $40 price point...
teija is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 03:54 PM   #10
Elfwreck
Grand Sorcerer
Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clié; PRS-505; EZR Pocket Pro, PRS-600, Kobo Mini
Ooh, exactly what I'd been hoping for!
Elfwreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 04:22 PM   #11
booklover6
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by teija View Post
If they DO release a Glo Mini, I don't think it will be at the $40 price point...
I'd pay $80.
Old 06-25-2013, 04:42 PM   #12
TheMatrix
Enthusiast
TheMatrix plays well with othersTheMatrix plays well with othersTheMatrix plays well with othersTheMatrix plays well with othersTheMatrix plays well with othersTheMatrix plays well with othersTheMatrix plays well with othersTheMatrix plays well with othersTheMatrix plays well with othersTheMatrix plays well with othersTheMatrix plays well with others

Device: Kobo Mini, Ipad 2
Read what happened to me when I tried to buy one from their website, link below. Not an isolated incident. Still waiting to hear back from Kobo.

http://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=216452
TheMatrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 05:13 PM   #13
Elfwreck
Grand Sorcerer
Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clié; PRS-505; EZR Pocket Pro, PRS-600, Kobo Mini
Good to know; I found I'd been double-charged. I sent an email and am waiting for a response; I'll also contact my bank and let them know I may be challenging one of the payments.
Elfwreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 06:38 PM   #14
mystika1
Addict
mystika1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mystika1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mystika1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mystika1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mystika1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mystika1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mystika1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mystika1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mystika1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mystika1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mystika1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aztak EZReader, Nook HD+, Kobo Glo, Kindle PW2
Family Christian Bookstore has them. I would likely purchase from them instead of risking a double or triple charge from Kobo directly.

Penny
mystika1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 07:36 PM   #15
delph
Connoisseur
delph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, Kobo Mini, Nexus 7, Kobo Glo (RIP), Nook STG(ex)
Those that have been double charged, thanks for posting that in this thread too. I truly hope you get it resolved. That definitely dampens my enthusiasm.

Powell's is sold out. The nearest Family Christian is several hours away in Bend. I may swing by Best Buy (*cringe*) or Target and see if they happen to carry them.
delph is offline   Reply With Quote