Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Announcements

Notices

Old 07-31-2013, 03:16 AM   #1
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650 / Nexus 7 / Kindle PW
OpenInkpot section moved into the Archive

The OpenInkpot project was started in 2007 by MobileRead member dottedmag with the goal to create a drop-in open-source firmware replacement for E Ink based e-reading devices. Two device families were initially supported, the Hanlin V3 and the Hanvon N516, along with their many clones. Unfortunately the project appears to have stalled, with no recent reading hardware being supported. And from what we've heard, jekhor, the only kernel hacker who was actively involved in the project has been unavailable due to time constraints.

Until there is reason to believe that the project will revive (any willing kernel hackers out there?), we're going to move OpenInkpot to our Archive section. The project's source code is still available via Git: http://git.openinkpot.org/

Last edited by Alexander Turcic; 07-31-2013 at 03:23 AM.
Alexander Turcic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 04:07 AM   #2
mbovenka
Wizard
mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
Alas, poor OI! I knew him, Horatio...(when I was still using my BeBook One, that is). It was my favourite firmware, back in the day of the Hanlin V3.
mbovenka is offline   Reply With Quote

Enthusiast
Old 07-31-2013, 01:03 PM   #3
Moe The Cat
Bear Melt
Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 4 & Nexus 7 (both with Cyanogenmod 11), Blackberry Z30

But I haven't used my BeBook for quite some time either, having moved on to reading on my cell phone (bigger screen on today's cell phones, convenience, as it's already in my pocket anyway) or my Android tablet.
Moe The Cat is offline   Reply With Quote