|06-18-2013, 01:23 PM||#16|
Join Date: Sep 2010
Device: Sony PRS 505, 600, 350, T-1, Kindle PW
I just received my brown IGadgitz cover, and wanted to add my impressions to the review that started this thread.
1. Delivery: free delivery to US from UK took about 10 days.
2. Material: As described above, it is PU leather. It has a slightly less rigid feel than the official Amazon cover. The appearance is nice, it would not fool anyone expecting high grade leather. Be realistic with your expectations for a $15 product. I do like the brown/saddle color and feel it give a nicer appearance than the black, but that is just my personal taste.
3. Design/Features: The design is clever. The built in stand works well and stays closed with a magnet (this does not interfere with the other magnet that turns the unit on/off - or perhaps they are one and the same). The front cover stays closed by using a strap with a snap as shown in the pics. The on/off magnet does not hold the cover closed at all.
The hand strap works as advertised, though for me personally, it is a bit less ergonomic than I expected. The handstrap is only practical for use with the left hand, and my smallish hand feels slightly stretched if I push it in all the way. My hand does stay firmly in place, but I do wonder if the elastic will become loose over time with repeated use.
The frame that fits around the front of the PW creates enough depth that I do not think the strap or stand contact the screen.
4. Fit: The PW fits snugly inside, and is held fast with a velcro closure on the flap that folds inside near the spine of the cover. The PW does not wiggle around at all.
5. Weight: With the PW inside, the weight is about the same as with the official case, perhaps even slightly less. This surprised me considering the extra bulk (see below).
4. Bulk: Roughly 1.5 times thicker that the official case.
5. Protection: I would estimate that it offers slightly more protection for the front/back of the unit, as well as for the left and right sides. However, it offers a little less protection for the corners, which are exposed, as shown in the pics.
Overall, I am pleased with this case. There may be times when I might prefer the more streamlined official case (which I already have), but for general use, I think it will suit my needs. After receiving the case, I sincerely think it would be neat to see the exact same design made from high end materials. My only concern would be that this might make it bulkier and heavier. Maybe I will buy another to keep as a spare in case this one wears out; not sure.
|06-18-2013, 04:03 PM||#17|
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: USA, 33.938556° N, -117.271334° W
Device: Kindles 2, KB, PW 1, PW 2, Voyage, & Fire 2 -- iPad mini
Avwriter...Nice review. I like my cover as well though I have no problem using the hand strap with my right hand. I do however find that the angle that the reader assumes when using the reading stand is not optimum for my needs. I clip a small plastic chip bag clip to the bottom of the pop-out to increase its length and make the reader stand up a bit straighter...problem solved!
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|Ended SOLD: Kindle Keyboard (K3) WiFi SO with Kindle Leather Lighted Cover plus 2nd cover||jswinden||Flea Market||1||05-18-2012 04:43 PM|
|PRS-350 igadgitz Book Style Case Cover in Backpack?||barium||Sony Reader||4||03-24-2011 02:15 PM|
|Thoughts on Kindle DX Amazon Cover||sirbruce||Amazon Kindle||30||11-18-2009 07:37 PM|
|Cover für Amazon Kindle||Quidamchen||Amazon Kindle||5||06-17-2009 03:28 PM|