Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 05-28-2013, 09:35 PM   #16
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydog View Post
Third time is the charm! I once again copied the original and did nothing but apply the modify epub (utf-8 encoding), as jackie_w suggested. It worked!! Thank you, jackie_w. In this case, it accomplished the shortcut to Jon's suggestion.
I'm glad you got it sorted out.

For future reference. If you were adding the original ebook to calibre as a html file then the coding was screwed up on adding the file. In which case the code needs to be fixed in the html prior to adding or the code set in Preferences - Plugins - File type plugins - HTML to ZIP plugin as explained here in section 2 (see attached.)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	customize HTML to ZIP.jpg
Views:	202
Size:	25.5 KB
ID:	106379  
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 10:12 PM   #17
Skydog
Wizard
Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Elipsa 2E, Sage, Forma, Libra 2, Clara 2E, Kindle Oasis3, Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoctorOhh View Post
I'm glad you got it sorted out.

For future reference. If you were adding the original ebook to calibre as a html file then the coding was screwed up on adding the file. In which case the code needs to be fixed in the html prior to adding or the code set in Preferences - Plugins - File type plugins - HTML to ZIP plugin as explained here in section 2 (see attached.)
Thank you, Walt -- that's very helpful when working with an html file. Apparently it was screwed up in the original (epub)but I am not knowledgeable enough to know what is wrong/missing simply by looking at the CSS.
Skydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-28-2013, 10:17 PM   #18
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydog View Post
Thank you, Walt -- that's very helpful when working with an html file. Apparently it was screwed up in the original (epub)but I am not knowledgeable enough to know what is wrong/missing simply by looking at the CSS.
Character encoding is not controlled by the CSS
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 12:40 AM   #19
Skydog
Wizard
Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Elipsa 2E, Sage, Forma, Libra 2, Clara 2E, Kindle Oasis3, Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
Character encoding is not controlled by the CSS
Thank you for the correction. As mentioned, I know little when it comes to stylesheets -- I am grateful for the many helpful MR contributors.
Skydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 03:47 PM   #20
Ripplinger
350 Hoarder
Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-350, Kobo Glo & Glo HD, PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackie_w View Post
Using the Modify Epub plugin, with the option Encode HTML in UTF-8 checked usually works for me.
I had another book this happened to today and your solution worked perfect. I need to save this info for when it happens again, it happens so rarely, I'm sure I'll forget how to do it the next time .
Ripplinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-12-2013, 05:13 PM   #21
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ripplinger View Post
... I'm sure I'll forget how to do it the next time .
I just avoid this problem by running Modify Epub (with my standard list of checked items) for every new epub I add to calibre. I always want the cover changed to a calibre-type cover anyway, so may as well do the rest at the same time. The best thing about the plugin is that it only makes changes if they're needed.

Glad it helped, anyway
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote