Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 12-13-2015, 09:17 AM   #1
Zuhair
Zuhair began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Voyage, iPad
Unhappy AZW3 and EPUB page flipping right to left RTL

Can I add page-progression-direction = "ltd" in the metadata.opf in AZW3 files?

I'm creating Arabic e-Books, everything went fine but the pages are flipping from left to right.

I added this line into metadata.opf

<spine toc="ncx" page-progression-direction="rtl">

It's still flipping from left to right.

The same things applies to EPUB.
Zuhair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2015, 09:30 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Page flipping in what? If you mean the calibre viewer, then, yes, it has no support for page progression direction.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement
Old 12-13-2015, 09:32 AM   #3
Zuhair

Thank you, so the page progression direction will not even work on EPUB?
So on iPad pages flipping direction will still be from left to right?
Old 12-13-2015, 09:37 AM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Some devices has support for it, some do not. You'll have to try it and see.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2015, 09:38 AM   #5
Zuhair

Is there a any documents that illustrate how to use the syntax "page-progression-direction"?
I'm afraid I'm not using correctly.

Last edited by Zuhair; 12-13-2015 at 02:04 PM. Reason: delete
Old 12-13-2015, 09:51 AM   #6
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, iPad Mini, iPhone 6, MS Surface Pro, N7
Zuhair, if you set the language code of the book to Arabic ("ar") that by itself should be sufficient to get right-to-left page turning on devices which support it. Try your AZW3 book in the "Kindle Previewer" application - it should work fine.

Last edited by HarryT; 12-13-2015 at 10:41 AM.
HarryT is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2015, 02:02 PM   #7
Zuhair

Thank you Harry.
I changed the language to "ar" in all the html files and it's still the same.
Do I need to change it somewhere else?
Old 12-13-2015, 02:03 PM   #8
Zuhair

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Zuhair, if you set the language code of the book to Arabic ("ar") that by itself should be sufficient to get right-to-left page turning on devices which support it. Try your AZW3 book in the "Kindle Previewer" application - it should work fine.

Thank you Harry.
I changed the language to "ar" in all the html files and it's still the same.
Do I need to change it somewhere else?
Old 12-13-2015, 02:16 PM   #9
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I'm referring to the language code in the book's metadata.

Are you trying it in Kindle Previewer?
Old 12-13-2015, 02:19 PM   #10
Zuhair

I'm trying in Calibre previewer and the device as well
Old 12-13-2015, 02:26 PM   #11
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast

I'd suggest asking for more help in the "Kindle Formats" forum section. It really should work.